Author Topic: Vexilar fish phone  (Read 1835 times)

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Vexilar fish phone
« on: Jan 21, 2017, 06:43 PM »
I bought the Vexilar fish phone kit and took it out today. It works great, perfect for my uses. My only question is I can not figure out how to upload the photos and videos online. Its like they are stuck in the app.
-Tom

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Vexilar fish phone
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2017, 06:49 PM »
I don't have one so I'm just going off basic Android functions here, but if you pull up the pic or video and tap on the screen do you get a little pop up with some icons at the bottom of the screen?  If so tap the one that's like an open ended triangle with three dots and go from there.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2017, 06:51 PM »
I've tried, but the only thing you can do is watch the video or delete it. You can't even pause it. Another thing is that I need to be connected to the device to look at the videos. Maybe they download to fish phone and not the phone?
-Tom

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2017, 06:55 PM »
Hmmm, have you tried just going into the gallery on your phone where your normal pictures and vids go?  I used my microSD card in my digital camera and then put it back into my phone and I can watch them all from there.  No way to pull them via USB using your phones software suite either I assume?

Edit: Maybe open up file manager and see if you can locate them in there?

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2017, 06:59 PM »
I have not tried connecting it to the laptop. They are not in photos or videos or album apps. I'll check file manager.
-Tom

Offline 307Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:00 PM »
For pictures you could take a screen shot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:04 PM »
I found them in "file commander". Thanks for all the help. I'll post one when I get them up. Nothing great, but a few sunfish and a northern.
-Tom

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:14 PM »
Here is the pike I saw, all I did was brush my foot on the ice and he bolted. There is a sunfish in the background, and it never even flinched.

-Tom

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:30 PM »
That's pretty cool,  I'm your first subscriber yay.  I was thinking it was a sonar, maybe I'm thinking of the Deeper thing.  I'm about to sell my Aqua-Vu because I hate it.  How bulky is that thing, I assume it has another battery in it to run the camera?

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Vexilar also sells the sonar phone that is a graph type sonar. I like the fish phone so far. It fits perfect in an ammo can which is great for protection. The battery is not separate. It is its own wifi hotspot to communicate with a device, which works well. You can also connect it to a TV with an RCA video cord.
-Tom

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:50 PM »
Thanks for the info, in the past I wouldn't have considered a setup like that but I've seen some decent tablets with 10" screens for sale for less than a hundred bucks and you could probably build a real nice system off a screen that size. 

Oh, one last Q, is it a built in pan-cam or do you still need a compass? 

Offline GourdneckGills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2017, 10:18 AM »
im having the same problem.  ill see if i can find this video comander you speek of.
Life is hard, its harder if youre stupid

Offline Funker530

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2017, 12:37 PM »
For anyone who has a windows phone, or any other device (including windows tablets or laptops) I figured out a way to use the Vexilar Fishphone without the official iOS or Android app. This is also helpful for iOS or Android users currently using the Fishphone who want to be able to tweak their image settings on the live stream to optimize brightness, contrast, and colour.
The only app you'll need is VLC which works on all devices old and new.

1. Install VLC Media Player
2. Connect to your Fishphone wi-fi
3. Open VLC
4. Open the media menu
5. "Open Network Stream"
6. Type rtsp://192.168.11.123:554/1/mjpeg

The live feed will now display and you have full control over the image options, which the official app doesn't offer.
The only problem is that you can't control the LED lights with this method...yet.

I haven't found instructions for this anywhere else online, and hope this helps some of you! This also makes the Fishphone a viable option for windows only users if they don't care about the LED lights.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.