Author Topic: Already getting cabin fever  (Read 1327 times)

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
Already getting cabin fever
« on: Jan 21, 2017, 06:03 PM »
I'm just about ready to give up on this year's ice fishing season. With the weather close to 60 today, I am getting cabin fever. Heck if the Illinois wasn't so high from all the rain this week, I would have been fishing for some sauger. I'm thinking we need a solid week to 10 days of really cold weather to have safe ice again. Sigh...

Offline LSHD69

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Already getting cabin fever
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2017, 08:52 PM »
Delavan still has 8"-10" in the SE & SW bays. Went out this morning and there were about 20 people in each bay. not sure how far a commute for you, but might be a option.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09:08 AM »
Was there yesterday. That ice is starting to get bad. Fishing was good before the sun came out. Was still able to get fish through out the day. If we dont get some cold soon it will be a no go.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2017, 10:40 AM »
Stopped by local lake yesterday no ice fishing here.  Can only hope ice returns.  Cabin fever for sure.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2017, 11:52 AM »
Delevan would be about an hour and half. Sometimes I hit the Madison chain, but that has been really quiet this year for some reason

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2017, 06:18 AM »
Was up there again yesterday. Ice is getting bad fast, Saw a couple of 4 wheelers out there. Everyone one was saying they are nuts. Several open holes that could easy swallow a man. Ice was making running water noises and very soft on top. Shore access is wet wet wet. I wont go back out till we get some cold cold weather.  >:(
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2017, 06:27 PM »
Was up there again yesterday. Ice is getting bad fast, Saw a couple of 4 wheelers out there. Everyone one was saying they are nuts. Several open holes that could easy swallow a man. Ice was making running water noises and very soft on top. Shore access is wet wet wet. I wont go back out till we get some cold cold weather.  >:(

You'll have to let me know when the ice is good again, maybe I will tag along!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.