Author Topic: Clam Portage?  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Turbo jig2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam Portage?
« on: Jan 21, 2017, 02:35 AM »
Anybody have any reviews on the Clam Portage Shelter? Looking to upgrade and I'm trying to decide between that and the Noonok Thermal. Thanks 

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam Portage?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2017, 08:10 PM »
the nanook thermal would be the way to go unless you would look at the Yukon thermal or the Voyager stealth thermal or the Jason Mitchell thermal. the portage is a basic non insulted large two man (voyager size) with the bare minimum. if you want thermal and something you can stand up in then look at the thermal models I listed. personally I am running a thermal nanook and love it. light enough for me to get on and off my carrier on the back of my Tahoe and light enough to pull by hand during early ice when you can't drive out with the truck.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline VORK23

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clam Portage?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2017, 07:30 AM »
No stay away from this shelter. I bought it and was fine with the no frills sled and seats. was also okay with being insulated. The downfall is the Fabric is crap super thin on the sides can see through it. I am able to read the writing on my auger and propane tank though the fabric on the sides of the shelter. It does not have holes it is just worn thin. I bought the shelter in November and was told its not a warranty issue. I will never buy another clam product. I was tight in cash and needed a decent shelter for low cost and thought something buy a reputable company would be good but was completely wrong the fabric they used is completely crap. it also doesn't come with spreader poles and it is so big that the wind catches it and the fabric flaps like crazy. Very disappointed in it. I bought it for $379 and wish I would have spent the money to get something better.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.