The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Thoughts on Bosch 18v li-ion brute tough w/A.R.T  (Read 803 times)

Offline Icenflies

• IceShanty Rookie
Thoughts on Bosch 18v li-ion brute tough w/A.R.T
« on: Jan 20, 2017, 11:32 PM »
Anyone have any experience with this drill and drilling holes? Model #DDH181X-01, apparently the A.R.T technology stops the motor when in a bind to reduce injury. That feature concerns me a fair amount when wanting to punch through a hole. I can get it for a pretty good price right now with two 4amp li-ion batteries. 710lb torque, touted as good battery performance in cold weather.

I'd like to run an 8" finbore III on it.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Thoughts on Bosch 18v li-ion brute tough w/A.R.T
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2017, 07:30 AM »
Check to see if any reviews on search here, I'd stick with something proven in cold weather like a Milwaukee, you have to remember they are trying to sell it to you!!  They are salesman, I'd hate for you to get it and have to put the batteries in a "purse" to keep them warm, although might not be the case. Also don't think the "catch" feature would be good if auger caught popping thru, this is just my opinion!'

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2017, 08:26 AM »
I have a rule not to buy something that may not be exactly what I want (learned that the hard way many times over the years before it finally sank in).  The torque sounds minimal and you said they are 4 amp batteries..... I have had good luck with Bosch drills over the years, but would not get that particular drill for this application, but that's me.  I bought the Milwaukee 18 volt Fuel with the 5 amp batteries (9 amp would be better), I don't like surprises.

Offline Icenflies

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2017, 09:39 PM »
Thanks guys. Changed my mind pretty quick and picked up the Milwaukee Fuel M18 with 2 5amp batteries. Tried it out today with the finbore, the thing flies.

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2017, 05:51 AM »
Good choice!!! Better to buy the best and cry once.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.