Author Topic: Snow Moultonborough area  (Read 524 times)

Offline ice_fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Snow Moultonborough area
« on: Jan 20, 2017, 02:12 PM »
Coming up to the area this weekend and wondering if there is much snow cover on the lakes in the area?

Offline blood tracker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Snow Moultonborough area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2017, 02:47 PM »
Last weekend was bare ice, I think that area got about 3 in snow since. Should be good going on foot or machine.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Probably enough to get good footing, but not too much to make dragging a sled a hassle.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline dunphy11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2017, 04:19 AM »
Was out in the area yesterday, patchy thin snow which does not hinder any travel. Plenty for cooling of sleds but would be very careful without studs. I`m using my wheeler form Suissevale to 19 mile.  Sled trails to thin for riding in my opinion.

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2017, 08:36 AM »
Was out in the area yesterday, patchy thin snow which does not hinder any travel. Plenty for cooling of sleds but would be very careful without studs. I`m using my wheeler form Suissevale to 19 mile.  Sled trails to thin for riding in my opinion.

Tried to get on at Suissevale, thurs.?   No vehicles in marina parking lot but I bumped over snow mound and drove in.  As I got out of my pickup a lady and her dog came up to me and asked if I was a member.   She told me that I had to have a sticker to park at the marina?   Since the entire marina is kept  open I assume that you have to drag all the way to the beach to find safe ice.  That seems to be if you have a permit?
I guess my special Ganzy Island pot will remain secret?
Dick

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.