Author Topic: black hills area  (Read 1327 times)

Offline icefishnrancher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perch, the only white meat!
black hills area
« on: Jan 20, 2017, 02:03 PM »
hello, im looking for information on where to try in the black hills area, not necessarily species specific, but will be walking and prob just a day trip. Thanks  Scott

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: black hills area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2017, 02:43 PM »
Popular waters in the BH area include Pactola, Stockade, Sheridan, Deerfield among others. All are accessible with parking lots and boat ramps and easily walkable. Others may chime in with a variety of recommendations as well, but this will have you fishing for a few weeks with opportunities for trophy and Master Angler catches.  :tipup:

Offline ouray

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2017, 10:37 AM »
I also have questions about Black Hills Lakes. 1. is there a separate park permit required or does the regular SD. park pass work. 2. Are 4-wheelers allowed on the lakes? Wife and I want to go to sport show in Rapid and try to fish. Thanks.

Offline Piking Icehole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2017, 11:05 PM »
Depends which lake you go to.  Some require a State Park, some require a Federal Park pass and some don't require a pass at all. Best bet is to contact G,F & P to get details.  No limits on 4 wheelers that I am aware of......just be careful of pressure ridges as any other lake!
Fish Fear me.....

Offline Piking Icehole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2017, 11:10 PM »
By the way.......Deadwood is having a great event this weekend which is too late to attend this year but "SnoCross" is a huge event for the Black Hills and is an awesome snowmobile race which is a must see that you will see the best racers on TV!  Sold out tonight but..........Next year????  Nothing better than some ice fishing and a lil' SnowCross!!!!!  Good Times.........
Fish Fear me.....

Offline ouray

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2017, 07:58 AM »
Thanks for the info, will check further with G&P.

Offline Ralpert

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2017, 11:37 AM »
I plan on heading up to fish the lakes around Custer. Any bait shops in the area?

Offline icefishnrancher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perch, the only white meat!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2017, 08:40 AM »
sheesh....hijack much?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.