Author Topic: Very happy with my Killzone Hub !  (Read 693 times)

Offline Nessmuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
Very happy with my Killzone Hub !
« on: Jan 20, 2017, 07:25 AM »
Don't know if they still make them...but I have the 4 man....can't remember how many seasons I've had it but it keeps on ticking ! Never had a problem with it....love the windows too.

Offline williev18

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Very happy with my Killzone Hub !
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2017, 07:58 AM »
mine is 4 years old and still kickin, sounds like they are out of buisness now, kind of a shame they where a good product at a decent price.

Offline FISH4WISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2017, 08:21 AM »
That sounds great!What was the price,cheaper than the Clams,Otters or Shappels?Can we see a pic?

F4W

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2017, 08:53 AM »
Had someone want to trade me one a few weeks back for my 10" Eskimo Auger bit but I turned him down because I knew they were out of business. If they weren't I would have traded.
<===Lefty===

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2017, 10:13 AM »
Had mine since 2010. 2-3 man shelter.
My KillZone just had the wires rot out at the pole joints at the hubs.
The other brands make the hub to pole joints with knuckle style tabs, KillZone made them with aircraft wire inserted into steel pole couplings that are crimped onto the wire retainers and then swedged onto the fiberglass poles.
The tricky part is the wire is looped thru holes in a metal washer plate at the hubs and the eyelet bolt is run thru the middle of all and backed with locknuts & locking capnut.
I've searched for direct replacement parts, but no luck. Needed something for ice fishing now, so I finally went the route of buying a new pop up from Dick's, their Jawbone brand, and it's working out nicely.
Held onto the KillZone to see if I can DIY replace the wires at each hub assembly this off the ice season.
The fabric is still in good shape, and the heavy poly in the windows are just starting to show signs of failing with cracks and a few small holes.
Trying to be frugal and will attempt to refurbish this off season.

Offline williev18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2017, 11:00 AM »
That sounds great!What was the price,cheaper than the Clams,Otters or Shappels?Can we see a pic?

F4W

I bought my 4 man model off ebay for $130 4 years back. Hd never had a hub and wanted to try with out spending a bunch. Looked through my pics and coulnt find any of it set up. Its very similar to an eskimo quick fish only dark blue.

Offline YoopHunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2017, 12:06 PM »
...My KillZone just had the wires rot out at the pole joints at the hubs...Held onto the KillZone to see if I can DIY replace the wires at each hub assembly this off the ice season....Trying to be frugal and will attempt to refurbish this off season.

I bought a KillZone Igloo-XL Ice Fishing Shelter a while back and was real happy with it until I blew out 2 of the wall assemblies (mostly through stupidity).  I always had it in mind to get them replaced by the company - in the meantime I picked up an Otter Cottage and more recently a Cabelas 6'x6' hub (gonna use it to get started pike spearing) - but now I see they're out of business.

My Killzone still has two good wall assemblies if you're interested; it's yours if you're willing to pay the shipping from da UP.

Good Luck!

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2017, 12:08 PM »
I bought a KillZone Igloo-XL Ice Fishing Shelter ...................... ....but now I see they're out of business.

My Killzone still has two good wall assemblies if you're interested; it's yours if you're willing to pay the shipping from da UP.

Good Luck!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.