The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Tanaka 350 w/Strikemaster 8" & 10" Auger setup!  (Read 1243 times)

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tanaka 350 w/Strikemaster 8" & 10" Auger setup!
« on: Jan 18, 2017, 10:04 PM »
Received my two Strikemaster flights in the mail the other day, they were custom modified to fit the Tanaka 350.  They were done by Pokey's Tackle in Regina, SK.  Can't wait to try them this weekend!

//.\\//.\\ark

Offline shootsmcgee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tanaka 350 w/Strikemaster 8" & 10" Auger setup!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2017, 10:45 PM »
awesome! I think pokeys has damn near the last shipment of those Tanaka power heads. The Tanaka website said they've been discontinued and I can't find them anywhere else. Too bad they're the best made augers out there, I wish Stihl or Husky would come out with a more traditional style power head
well if you were me then i'd be you and i really wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about...

Offline Bartb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2017, 06:50 AM »
Stihl just did come out with a new ice auger, there is a YouTube promo video out there somewhere
I fish a lot....I catch a little.

Offline shootsmcgee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2017, 07:17 AM »
Stihl just did come out with a new ice auger, there is a YouTube promo video out there somewhere

Yeah its the BT 130, nice earth auger but not the greatest for ice. It has a massive bulky cage surrounding it and a quickstop lever for your thigh that you definitely don't need for ice. Plus is sure has a lot of plastic on, especially the throttle handles that a guy would be laying on the ice all the time
well if you were me then i'd be you and i really wouldn't know what the hell I was talking about...

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2017, 07:06 PM »
I got the powerhead elsewhere and go the flights thru Pokeys.  Gonna try them at the Lake Lenore Derby.  I put the powerhead thru it's paces before putting it under load/stress and it's ready to go! :)
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2017, 10:11 PM »
awesome! I think pokeys has damn near the last shipment of those Tanaka power heads. The Tanaka website said they've been discontinued and I can't find them anywhere else. Too bad they're the best made augers out there, I wish Stihl or Husky would come out with a more traditional style power head
Nilsusa has one http://www.ebay.com/itm/NILSUSA-NMP800S-350-POWER-AUGER-/112269366982?hash=item1a23c696c6:g:IkIAAOSw5cNYUwDg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.