Author Topic: Jiffy Customer service  (Read 906 times)

Offline Special

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Old School
Jiffy Customer service
« on: Jan 18, 2017, 09:03 PM »
Ok, As I stated to the answering machine. Give them the pickle!!!!

Need some help Jiffy reps. keep calling me back then hang up. Its like they are making there call list and say I'm done. Ok just to help on the situation. the rep stated I had a jiffy gen 2 propane auger. I have the hose break and leak propane. Go figure. So the rep stated I can upgrade the engine to a Gen 3 by flipping the carb 180 degrees and purchase the Gen 3 hose. Best idea and works great. But after ordering the smaller hose to convert to the Gen 3. I had another question. With the Gen three there is a spring propane clamp. I have to purchase a Gen 3 bottle rest? Looking at the schematics of the engine. I can purchase the clamp and spring but do I need a new base??? 
No one left behind.     

Offline Fishy Fishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Jiffy Customer service
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2017, 09:10 PM »
Hoping they come through, I have a gen 3 and the regulator pooped out.  I called Monday and the guy told me to order one off website.  I did and hope to god I have it Friday.  I will be upset if I miss a weekend of fishing because of a crappy part.  Also they never gave me an option for 1, 2, or 3 day shipping.

Offline Bartb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2017, 09:18 PM »
Best fix for a jiffy is Craigslist
I fish a lot....I catch a little.

Offline Fishy Fishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2017, 09:23 PM »
Saw a eskimo propane at Costco and seriously thought about it.  When I spend $500+ dollars I expect more than 300 holes without a problem.  I'm venting hopefully everything works out but it's a short season andI hate manually drilling holes.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2017, 05:25 AM »
I mentioned this on another post. I got the gen three 2 years ago. Regulator leaked right out of the box. Called them and had a new one in the mail that day. Only thing I was unhappy about was the fact that I had to pay shipping. Guess they don't worry about customer retention!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Bartb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2017, 06:46 AM »
I mentioned this on another post. I got the gen three 2 years ago. Regulator leaked right out of the box. Called them and had a new one in the mail that day. Only thing I was unhappy about was the fact that I had to pay shipping. Guess they don't worry about customer retention!
Keep it safe! JDL

My jiffy didn't run right from day one.  Jiffykept telling me it was my issue, cockpit problems as the rep told me.

I was pretty disappointed, so I gave up and sold it after 3 different shops threw their hands up in the air after not being able to get it running correctly.

The jiffy was not my first rodeo with a motor.  Hell, last night I rebuilt my neighbors strikemaster carb from 1991 (incidentally it had all the original gaskets from new, and has been used every year), down to using an ultrasonic parts cleaner. Started and reved like Satan after two pulls.

Love my Tanaka.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2017, 09:23 AM »
My old jiffy mod 30. is resting comfortably in a old folks home in my garage while the young kid (M-18 Fuel and K-drill) drill holes like crazy.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2017, 01:06 PM »
I bought a demo model jiffy pro 4 lite that did not run or have any compression,1st thing I noticed was the crankcase breather tube was cracked in half so I emailed jiffy and they told me they didn't know how because it went thru their service department.then referred me to a local jiffy service center which I took the powerhead to.1 week later I went to the service center and the guy told me it had a  cracked cylinder head and that was the last jiffy he would ever work on because jiffy wouldn't answer the phone to get parts under warranty.i emailed them again and the guy gave me another service center to take it too.no way I got on the phone and got the nicest jiffy rep lady that said it should've never went that far and she would send a new powerhead and send mine back.which is what I tried all along to jiffy online.i guess my point is get a hold of the right person on the right day and jiffy customer service is good with me.i know my old jiffys seem more reliable than the new china jiffys tho.

Offline Fishy Fishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2017, 04:38 PM »
Weekend is coming and still no regulator.  I'm getting nervoud.  I want to fish, might have to dig out the manual auger.

Offline Bartb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2017, 08:35 PM »
I bought a demo model jiffy pro 4 lite that did not run or have any compression,1st thing I noticed was the crankcase breather tube was cracked in half so I emailed jiffy and they told me they didn't know how because it went thru their service department.then referred me to a local jiffy service center which I took the powerhead to.1 week later I went to the service center and the guy told me it had a  cracked cylinder head and that was the last jiffy he would ever work on because jiffy wouldn't answer the phone to get parts under warranty.i emailed them again and the guy gave me another service center to take it too.no way I got on the phone and got the nicest jiffy rep lady that said it should've never went that far and she would send a new powerhead and send mine back.which is what I tried all along to jiffy online.i guess my point is get a hold of the right person on the right day and jiffy customer service is good with me.i know my old jiffys seem more reliable than the new china jiffys tho.

Sad that to be good you gotta be lucky.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.