Author Topic: TNT Jigs  (Read 2734 times)

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
TNT Jigs
« on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:28 PM »
Has anyone received any jigs from here lately? I placed an order on Nov 4th and emailed twice and was told my name was coming right up still haven't heard anything. Maybe took too many orders?

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: TNT Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2017, 08:38 PM »
Great..... :-[

I ordered first week in Dec. and was told 4-5 weeks. Just dropped him a line yesterday. Haven't heard back.

Lost $42 to Micro Jigs and Spoons last year or maybe the year before. Probably the last time I order from some startup basement business.

Sigh...
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2017, 09:39 PM »
I ordered some earlier in the year.  Time of delivery wasn't great and quality wasn't either.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2017, 09:45 PM »
What a shame. Sorry to hear about your guys luck. I see these homebrew tungsten guys and think "good deal, a few dudes filling a gap in the market" but when I hear things like this it makes my faith in people drop and I usually resort to just learning how to do it myself. It's literally no different that what they did and I'll have complete quality control.

I've actually been looking at bulk paintless tungsten jigs and powder paints. The process isn't difficult, doesn't take long, and I don't have to trust a stranger with my money.

I'd be "highly upset" waiting 2+ months for jigs I could make in an afternoon.

I can totally see these guys getting over zealous and taking on way too much than they can handle. First, it's something people want and will pay for and it's usually a one man operation so production is limited right from the start. Then they start fulfilling orders and soon begin taking any order because they are getting them. Soon flooded with business, they begin to drown and things like this start to happen because it's a f*#® ton of work for one guy to do. But, they don't want to lose business. I don't know how these guys run their ship but I've seen this happen with a lot of products that people try to compare to known bigger brands and either can't produce the quality or can't produce the quantity.

Hopefully you guys get your jigs!
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2017, 10:35 PM »
thanks for the warning!
i'll stick to fiska, kodiak and bentley.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2017, 05:44 PM »
Ordered on November 9th and more on Nov. 13, and received all today. They look great!  For the price I paid, I'm happy as can be. 

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2017, 09:20 PM »
I ordered some on October 31 and got them on December 13.  I inquired about them about half way and they said they were churning them out, would message me when they were ready.  They did.   I like the jigs.  They have a great glow.   Happy Customer here.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Thearcher1340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2017, 09:28 PM »
He's backed up n not taking anymore orders until he catches up. Dealt with TNT in November got my jigs couldn't be happier, they look great.  Have another order in b4 Xmas an waiting on them, but hey 'tis the season.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2017, 07:20 AM »
I'd think it would be better for business if he was more realistic with a delivery window. If it were me I'd say 2 months and if I got 'em done early I'd be a hero instead of a Jack Wagon...

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09:56 AM »
I'd think it would be better for business if he was more realistic with a delivery window. If it were me I'd say 2 months and if I got 'em done early I'd be a hero instead of a Jack Wagon...

I emailed the guy asking if I could order just a few and have them sent in an envelope for cheap postage vs $5 shipping because I wanted to try/see them and check the paint durability, and would more then likely order more in the the future. . The guy was a total prick. Went on a rant about. how he works to hard for a guy to buy and drop them on the floor and other crap. Told him that it was fine I would go elsewhere, emailed me about 2 more times crying a river...........sorry TNT get a clue. Sounds like they can't even get product shipped for people to use this season....glad it went the way it did.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2017, 10:08 AM »
Small company's are the back bone of the USA. It amazes me that during ice fishing season. That anyone would get to worked up about delays. Small Mom and Pop businesses do what they can to fill a need. Maybe they should have cut off orders when they started to get backed up. Or they could have said do not expect them anytime soon. As for wanting to get a few before others have received theirs with less postage. What did you think the response would be? Does Marcum, Clam, Your Bobbers Down, Fish 307, Fish USA, Kittery, Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, (The list would be endless) do that? Really? Think about it. If 100 ice fisherman/women called him and asked what you asked, Good intentions or not?  Want avoid this? Make your orders in July.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2017, 10:27 AM »
UFCREEL you hit the nail on the head, order in July. When I order I always try to do so from small businesses however if I order in November it's because I need them this year and shouldn't expect to have to wait 2 to 3 months for product...that's terrible customer service and that gives other small businesses a bad name and causes people to go to the big box stores instead. They need to tell you of the wait and then it's your option but I'm sure he doesn't because he would no longer be backed up, no one would order with that wait.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Like I said earlier, there's no reason to wait 2-3 months for something that can be made and shipped within 24 hours. Shouldn't have to place an order for powder coated jigs at the end of one ice season to prepare for the next season. Bad business practices lead to bad business no matter the scale of production. Asking a company to be honest with a customer BEFORE the sale is expected practice. If it's going to take 3 months, say so before I give you my money and you then tell me "what did you expect?". I expect an honest sale. Unacceptable.

I will also stick to my Fiskas.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2017, 01:06 PM »
I guess I'm just goofy, but I love my $1 a piece jigs, though.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2017, 03:08 PM »
Small company's are the back bone of the USA. It amazes me that during ice fishing season. That anyone would get to worked up about delays. Small Mom and Pop businesses do what they can to fill a need. Maybe they should have cut off orders when they started to get backed up. Or they could have said do not expect them anytime soon. As for wanting to get a few before others have received theirs with less postage. What did you think the response would be? Does Marcum, Clam, Your Bobbers Down, Fish 307, Fish USA, Kittery, Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, (The list would be endless) do that? Really? Think about it. If 100 ice fisherman/women called him and asked what you asked, Good intentions or not?  Want avoid this? Make your orders in July.

LOL I never tried to budge in line or any of that. He could ship them went he wanted. Less postage yeah. I dont need them sent in a foam padded box At $5 when They are going to go in a compartment loose in my tackle box. Either way I could care less, I wont ever order from TNT after the B.S. emails he sent.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2017, 03:13 PM »
I still say, small business or no, be up front about fulfillment. That is good business. Period. If you say 10 weeks and it doesn't work for the prospective buyer at least the buyer has the opportunity to exercise the option. Buy or not.

I was told 5 weeks. I can live with that, my choice. I'm going into the 7th week right now and didn't even get the courtesy of a reply to my very polite inquiry. If it gets to 8 weeks I'm pulling the pin and getting a refund from PayPal.

I don't care about his business. After all it's his business. If  he doesn't care enough to run responsibly why should I "be understanding". Hey, I know it's the season, one man operation or what ever. Don't be so greedy for business that you make promises (or at least lead folks to believe things) you know you can't deliver. It's called integrity.

BTW, show me a vendor where you can get a tungsten glow jig for a buck and I'll show you another guy that will be 10 - 12 weeks behind.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.