Author Topic: West thompson  (Read 918 times)

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
West thompson
« on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:13 PM »
Another nite , new spot on west Thompson. 41/2 to 5 inches good ice. About 25 chew and screws 1 crappie 3 perch 2 white perch , one really good feeling runner that dropped hook. NO WALTER!on the other hand I was directed to a 20 foot hole not on maps by a local gentlemen. Next spot to try if there is still ice. Even had snow flurries with few clouds. Interesting nite

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: West thompson
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:25 PM »
I seen you, i was all over that lake jigging with not much to show other than some gills and a few small perch, was tough out there today. I jigged the uncharted hole you're talking about and only found small gills but i did pull a walter out of it just before it froze. Ice was only 3'' over there, i fished the edge of the drop off in 15-20 fow but it gets to 25' deep or so but there were tons of air bubbles in the ice over the middle of the hole so i didn't mess with that area only having 2.5-3'' of ice

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2017, 05:20 AM »
Saw you bouncing around. Looked like a true jig fisherman. Nice lake , maybe we will meet some nite if the ice holds up.

Offline bassaddict 21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:41 AM »
Saw you bouncing around. Looked like a true jig fisherman. Nice lake , maybe we will meet some nite if the ice holds up.

I almost was gonna stop over there but i was too busy on the move trying to find some aggressive fish but maybe we will meet out there sometime tho i only fish it when the ice isn't good on my other spots because i only jig and it's never been that great to me

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2017, 08:28 AM »
Agreed , I'm up there because my main lake (Gardners) has no ice. Gotta go where the ice is.

Offline injuneer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2017, 09:11 PM »
Anyone been out to West Thompson recently?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.