Author Topic: Sioux Falls area  (Read 1003 times)

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sioux Falls area
« on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:15 PM »
Just looking for some info about this area, my family might be relocating to sioux falls from colorado.  what's the ice fishing like in this area (lots of lakes? type of fish?) price for a license etc. Thanks for any help, btw is it a nice area to live??

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Sioux Falls area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:52 PM »
If you google fishing in Southeastern South Dakota you will get all kinds of information. I can tell you that I moved here from Greeley and for a sportsman it's kind of like going to heaven when compared to Colorado. I do miss the mountains at times though.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2017, 06:44 PM »
Most lakes within 50 miles of SF recieve heavy fishing pressure because of the amount of people.  If you want really good fishing you'll have to go North about 150 miles or down to the river.  But within 50 miles of SF is Thompson, Poinsett, Sinai, Scotts slough, lake Alvin, Whitewood, Twin and Menno.  Poinsett is a good lake but gets heavily pressured.  Sinai is a guarantee for 8 inch crappies but not much else.  Most of these lakes are on a boom and bust cycle.

Offline tornadochaser60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2017, 08:03 AM »
Plenty of good fishing within 30 miles of sioux falls, just have to learn how to deal with and fish around the pressure.  Get out another 30 miles and you have tons more options.  Don't let the thought pressured waters get to you though, I've had 50 walleye days in the middle of Sioux Falls in the spring on the river.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.