Author Topic: First Fish Finder/Sonar  (Read 922 times)

Offline Hawkeye97

• IceShanty Rookie
First Fish Finder/Sonar
« on: Jan 16, 2017, 04:58 PM »
I've been ice fishing for a couple years now and looking into getting flasher. Wondering what is the best route to go and is there a specific flasher that's the best for starting on? I just don't want to buy a nice one and have no idea how use it. The Marcum Lx7 stuck out the most to me for having the most options, but I would like to know from people who have them which ones work the best. Thanks

Offline Flint

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: First Fish Finder/Sonar
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:24 PM »
Click on Ice Fishing With Electronics there are many threads on the exact same question. The LX7 will have lots more options and features than all of the mechanical flashers.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech

Offline Warren_G

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2017, 10:32 AM »
Once you have a flasher, you are never going to fish without it again, and it will become such an invaluable tool that you may feel compelled to upgrade to one with all the bells and whistles. I would recommend getting the best (most expensive) one you can afford as it will serve you for years. Vex, Hummingbird or Marcum doesnt matter, you will find fans of all of them on here. I have not used a digital screen one myself, but hear good things about them. I own a Vex FL22 and always stop to ogle the FL28 when I am in Cabelas.  ::)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2017, 01:17 PM »
Least expensive would be the Marcum Showdown. It's 16 levels of grayscale instead of color. But very easy to use. I love it.
jbird68

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.