Author Topic: Frabil I series bibs?  (Read 861 times)

Offline Charman03

• Team IceShanty Regular
Frabil I series bibs?
« on: Jan 16, 2017, 02:37 PM »
Yes or no?  I2-14?

Offline FishDoc_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Frabil I series bibs?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2017, 04:13 PM »
I have the I2s.  I like the fit and they seem to be well made.  Because they are unlined I layer up underneath if its really cold out.
Good things come to those who bait.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2017, 06:33 PM »
I have the I3 series here in IL.  I have not had to wear any long johns at all under them.  I have been outside fishing in single digit temps and been comfortable.  They work great in my opinion and keep the wind off you.  Plus stay dry.
<br />

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2017, 07:28 PM »
X2 on the I 3s. Easy on and off. No fly, but it has long straps to drop the front. actually easier.

Offline gibbosus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2017, 07:45 PM »
Ditto on the I3s.  Warm and fit well.  A lot of guys are looking at flotation/bouyancy - these bibs are not rated so that may be a consideration if you are looking for new bibs

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2017, 09:33 PM »
Ditto on the I3s.  Warm and fit well.  A lot of guys are looking at flotation/bouyancy - these bibs are not rated so that may be a consideration if you are looking for new bibs

What size did you guys end up with? Went to the frabills site and it doesn't really give good advise for height. I'm 5'6 with a belly so I'm looking from something that would fit me. Any info would be great.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Offline Charman03

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 17, 2017, 09:07 AM »
I'm not sure on size either, my local store has some I2s I'm going to try on for size and probably order I3s off the net. How is the warmth of the I3s?  I usually wear my cabelas wooltimate on the ice.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 17, 2017, 04:59 PM »
I wear a 2xl and I am 6'2" and 250.  The size seems pretty true to size.  I have not had to wear anything other than my sweat shirt and  a pair of jeans under my set of I3s. They are alot warmer than I thought but it is nice.  If it dips below zero I guess I will put my warmer cloths on underneath.   
<br />

Offline gibbosus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:29 PM »
I'll help make your decision more complicated.  I've been wearing a L. I am 6'2" 195 lbs and I have no complaints about the fit.  I have been comfortable sitting, kneeling, and walking on the ice and driving to and from the lake.  I believe the inseam is a standard 31".  I thought they might be a bit short since I typically wear a 32" inseam but they are fine. 

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
I2 question
« Reply #9 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Held off on buying bibs, now am going to run with the Frabill Sale.

Specific question on the I2 bibs.  I realize this isn't easily answerable, but feedback is appreciated.

At what temperature range do the I2 bibs typically lose their ability to keep you warm?  I want to keep these as light and mobile as possible. I would actually prefer to layer underneath with wool blend long johns and jeans, or just jeans (depending on conditions).

That being said, I am not fishing in extreme conditions.  I pick and choose my days, and am content with that these days.  I'd like a pair of bibs that would be keep an average person warm from the mid teens and upwards.  Just can't decide between the I2 and I3 bibs.

Thanks.

Offline secretasianman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: I2 question
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2017, 07:06 PM »

Specific question on the I2 bibs.  I realize this isn't easily answerable, but feedback is appreciated.

At what temperature range do the I2 bibs typically lose their ability to keep you warm?  I want to keep these as light and mobile as possible. I would actually prefer to layer underneath with wool blend long johns and jeans, or just jeans (depending on conditions).

That being said, I am not fishing in extreme conditions.  I pick and choose my days, and am content with that these days.  I'd like a pair of bibs that would be keep an average person warm from the mid teens and upwards.  Just can't decide between the I2 and I3 bibs.

Thanks.

i was at the same crossroad last year. i went with the I3. im 5'9" 145 lbs. "skinny" is how everyone describes me lol. all i wear is sweatpants underneath and i get hot. if you like to layer, i would think the I2 would suit you fine. im thinking about pulling the trigger on the I2's also.

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2017, 07:56 PM »
Well, just ordered the I2 bibs.  Size L (5'11, 210).

Hopefully I'll be able to test them before the stock runs out; if they prove to be too thin (I really doubt it), I'll order the i3s and use the I2s for a spring/fall fishing trips.

Offline Salmonquest

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I once killed a gopher with a stick"
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2017, 11:48 AM »
I have the I3 in large. I am 6' 210. they fit comfortably. room without being baggy. They are too warm for me. In 15degrees and up I only wear boxers.  :o ::)

cooler than that I would wear long johns or sweat pants. Think I would have gone with I2 and layered. i may change my mind if temps dip this month.

Thanks.

Just FYI I believe Jeans are the absolute worst garment you can choose for cold weather. You would be much better served with something loose fitting like sweats or wind pants IMHO. Jeans constrict air flow. Absorb moisture and hold it and do not dry easily once wet. They will also wick water up your leg.

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2017, 09:25 AM »
I was in a Fleet Farm yesterday, and was able to look at both the I3 and I2 bibs.  I am glad I went with the 2's.  The 3's seem like overkill, I have no idea how anyone utilizes the I4 or I5.

I have to believe the I2's will take care of anything in double digit temps....

They arrive tomorrow.

Offline IlliniIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2017, 10:23 AM »
thanks for the info, guys
i wanted to take advantage of the sale but couldnt decide between 2 and 3
just ordered a set of the 2s  @)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.