Author Topic: Where around Petawawa  (Read 1775 times)

Offline MegaRam

• Team IceShanty Regular
Where around Petawawa
« on: Jan 16, 2017, 01:03 PM »
hey all.  Been over a year since I left Kingston and fishing has been slow. Mainly because I don't where to go in the winter.

No sled - but have Atv

Im not looking for peoples hot spots, just different places to go.   Any help/direction would be great.

Thanks
Everyone needs to believe in something,
I believe
I'LL GO FISHING

Offline Flashpoint

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Where around Petawawa
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Hey Mega, what species are you looking to target? do you have a 4x4 truck or car with trailer. I noticed you mention you had an atv

Kingston K

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2017, 10:34 AM »
You can search these lakes on Google Maps, most are accessible by ATV\Sled in the winter and truck the rest of the year. They are of course all accessible if you want to hump in with a pair of snow shoes.

Check out the application FishOnline and you can find all the stocked lakes around Pet pretty easy.

Here are some of my fav's.

Lower Twin Lake - Rainbow Trout
Upper Twin Lake - Speckled Trout
Menet Lake - Lake Trout
McSourley Lake - Lake Trout
Billy's Lake - Speckled Trout

Ottawa river is of course filled with all sorts of species as well if there is sufficient ice. I don't know what your seasons or regulations are up your way off by heart but those are some good spots. :tipup:

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2017, 07:04 PM »
Bark Lake about 60 km's s/w.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline MajorBasshole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2017, 02:33 PM »
If you fish Walleye and Pike like me I can give you some ideas from the perspective of a guy with no sled or ATV, just my toboggan and boots.  Some easy to get to spots where I have had success:

Ottawa River, off Kiska Beach (Lamure Bay), find drop off or large hump 100m off beach, I can send cords.
Black Bay, walk off Rantz Rd launch, follow the pattern of ice huts
Lake Dore, public launch off lake Dore Road on Beiderman Rd, usually quite busy but pike and walleye are there

RG

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.