The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Heading to Devils Feb 15-19  (Read 1303 times)

Offline thebear

• IceShanty Rookie
Heading to Devils Feb 15-19
« on: Jan 16, 2017, 11:31 AM »
Heading to my families in ND Feb 16-19, driving from Ohio with a 24ft sled trailer. Bringing our fan cooled phazers so I'm not too worried about travel. Bringing all of our gear and tackle, but assuming golds, pinks, UV 3s and 5 raps, pimples etc would be sufficient.

Anything in particular anyone would recommend? We ice fish all over but whether its plastics, rattles, bomb spoons, slender spoons, kastmaster- if you have a tip I'd love to hear it.

Preferably targeting big perch, walleye would be a bonus- but mainly looking for a chance at nice perch. We tend to take one big trip a year but perhaps this could become a regular thing- again family out there we're visiting and then fishing is purely a bonus.

Would be glad to trade lake erie open water info if anyone ever needs it as well; hope to chat and possibly meet some folks on the ice.

Thanks!

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Heading to Devils Feb 15-19
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2017, 11:43 AM »
Buckshots are super popular. Halis. Read reports if they are using waxies or minnows. As for areas, it is such a big lake that it's hard to pick one place. Others that fish is more might have info on the hot bite. Depending on where you are, some of the out lying lakes are very popular and might be closer. Stump, Alice, mikes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.