Author Topic: If it ends this week!  (Read 1114 times)

Offline crappiecrusher34

• Team IceShanty Regular
If it ends this week!
« on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:38 AM »
If the cold weather doesn't return soon it might be over  for long time! But I would say it's been a great year had to chase the ice which in returned I chased new fish on different lakes. Found some nice holes in the northeast area, meet some new fisherman and gain a few new friends on the way. For me the bite was good on more days then it was slow. Open water boys is coming state wide am afraid to say. Am headed to lake of Egypt in two weeks for a few days. When I return maybe the ice will too. Good luck out there and stay dry this week. Had one good ice season so far thank u everyone for your help out there.
Chasing a dream on the water.

Offline SK8TNPIGEZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: If it ends this week!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:43 AM »
Well said.  Couldn't agree with you more.  Great site.  See y'all on the other site soon.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2017, 06:28 AM »
This winter has made some of us try new locations and tech's. I don't think it's over but we'll have to continue to chase ice which makes it tough for us that will only be able to fish the weekends because of the drive. Open water opportunities are right around the corner.

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2017, 06:44 AM »
I haven't given up just yet, but I do think we will be off for a week or two coming up.

Offline SK8TNPIGEZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:15 AM »
Same.  I'll use the two weeks to get my open water gear organized and plan where I'm driving February 1st or until I see that forecast for the first week of the month.

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:49 AM »
I can surely relate to what Indy fisher SK8TNPIGEZ says.  I'm from Indy too and 'round h'yar it's been a bust.
Locally, there has been no ice that I would fish on, (I want 4" of clear.), so I had to drive about 90 minutes north to fish.  I only
got out a handful of times, but each trip yielded quality gills and crappie.  After my last trip, about the 3rd of January, I put my ice
fishing stuff back in the garage.  When I am really done, it goes in the basement.

My main fishing buddy is a real pessimist.  His favorite line is, "If we're not on the ice by New Year's its not gonna happen."  Then I
remind him of the year when we didn't drill holes until February. And had to pick up flowers for our wives for Valentine's Day on
our way home from fishing in Brown County.  Or, not too long ago when we ice fished, then went home to watch NCAA tournament
games in early March.  On the other end, once upon a time, we hit the ice over Thanksgiving vacation.  In Indiana, you just never
know. In my life I have seen years with no ice and recall one winter, (late 70's) having to deal with 23"  of the stuff.

Man, I sure hope its not over.  I'm looking at it as if it were halftime at a ball game.  I'd bet a bobber or two that we will
still get a little ice time.

fish on,

Rivereddy

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2017, 09:01 AM »
We still have a lot of ice time possible this year but 10 day forecast which is as far out as I have a little trust in doesn't show ice making temps. But I'm still hopeful for one last spurt of cold weather to give us good edges. I love the fact I'm not cutting thru 12in's or more of ice and breaking trail in a foot of snow.

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2017, 09:24 AM »
About weather forecasts..... Beyond 3 days out I usually flip a coin!

later,

rivereddy

Offline fisher97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2017, 10:58 AM »
I don't think there is an "if" about it now! We're gonna loose our ice.

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2017, 11:13 AM »
Just keep hoping ice returns again as I hate to see it go.  Not ready to call it quits

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2017, 11:45 AM »
Something tells me we will be back on and for a longer duration!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Gartoon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2017, 11:59 AM »
Something tells me we will be back on and for a longer duration!

Amen
The fat lady hasn't sung yet  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2017, 12:11 PM »
I'm not giving up....know Well get back out but Walter is calling my name on the maumee and I'll be ready when the time comes. I believe it will be a early start on the river and this will be a banner year. Caught 38 last year, this year I'm trying for 50. Its an hour drive for me so I can go evenings and weekends.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.