New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Canada/green lake  (Read 296 times)

Offline Craveman85

• IceShanty Rookie
Canada/green lake
« on: Jan 16, 2017, 03:04 AM »
I've been ice fishing Canada, west, and green lake for lake trout several years now. Except for the last 3 years. Lost all my ice fishing stuff in a flood. Got a bunch of new stuff this year and now there's no parking signs for town roads around Canada, green, west, caroga, and I even drove to check out Arnold lake and they have the same signs. No parking on town roads from December first to April first or something like that. How strict have they been about the parking. I know I could park on west lake road by the camps but there were a ton of vehicles there the other day and I don't want to plug it up even more and upset the camp owners .  Seems like they don't want us to come and support local business? I still occasionally see people parking on rt29a/10 by green lake which isn't a town road do I may start parking there and walking to Canada lake. Also anyone ever catch any rainbow out of there?  A friend brought a few nice ones home from there about 2 weeks ago. I had never heard of them there. I often troll there in the summer. I landed over 100 Lakers this summer there although my average size was probably about 18"  I did get one brook trout and some bass but no browns or rainbows.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Canada/green lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2017, 10:10 AM »
I parked at the state launch. Seen a bunch of cars on the road at the end toward the camps. Seen a lot of people exiting the lake at that little marina near west lake. Not sure about that parking

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.