Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Spirit lake tips  (Read 1232 times)

Offline CRob

• IceShanty Rookie
Spirit lake tips
« on: Jan 15, 2017, 07:07 PM »
Anyone have any tips on fishing spirit lake. Some buddies and I are headed up this weekend and we have no idea where the fish are and what they are biting on. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Spirit lake tips
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2017, 07:08 AM »
Ya go to East or West lake instead. Much better fishing.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Spirit Lake tips
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2017, 04:02 PM »
Spirit Lake is one of the most frustrating lakes to fish, summer or winter.  There are plenty of fish in the lake, it's big and you have to find them.  And the fish are not necessarily under the cities of shanties that pop up on the ice.  Those are sheeple.    People who plant themselves on the deepest holes and then other people move in because if they are there they must be catching something.  Along the Sunset beach side a huge city developed last Saturday.  Not sure if anyone caught much.

I would avoid the big groups of people, unless you see people on buckets pulling in fish.  Spread out away from the groups. 

Day to day and Week to week the fish move around...I get so mad going there but some days I love it and that keeps me going back.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline crappie98

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Spirit lake tips
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2017, 09:45 AM »
Stop at Kabeles trading post and Lodge.  They will set you up with the gear and bait you need for fishing any of those lakes and will send you in the right direction.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.