The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Thief on the Ruby  (Read 1277 times)

Offline Packman

• IceShanty Rookie
Thief on the Ruby
« on: Jan 15, 2017, 11:45 AM »
The kids and I headed out to our ice house this morning on the Ruby Reservoir to do some fishing. When we got there I realized someone had stolen our propane tank for the heater and stove. It's a newer 20lb tank that I usually just leave outside the ice house hooked up to the hose. I know it's my fault for not chaining it to the house or throwing it inside when we're done, but we've been ice fishing on the lake for the last 8 years and have never had any trouble. I'm sure I won't be able to retrieve the tank, it's just a white tank with no identification on it, but if anybody on here ever hears something please let me know ( I would love to have a "talk" with the thieves). This isn't the end of the world, all we lost was a tank and a day of fishing, but there is nothing worse than a thief and it pisses me off. Everyone on here knows that icefisherman in general are a good bunch, but we have been getting a lot more folks on the lake the last couple years, so I just wanted to give everybody the heads up to make sure you lock your crap up.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
Re: Thief on the Ruby
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2017, 07:05 PM »
Sorry to hear about the loss of your personal property. Like you stated "Not the end of the world". It's just to bad that this is something that we as outdoorsmen have to be weary of these days. Nothing worse than a thief. Enjoy the rest of the season !!

Offline elkhorn_dude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2017, 07:30 PM »
Dang people that can not keep their hands off others stuff.

Offline Fishy Fishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2017, 10:03 PM »
I absolutely can't stand people who take other people's hard earned stuff.  Luckily most people on the ice are honest.

Offline Packman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2017, 11:09 AM »
Thanks guys for the comments, got a new propane tank (marked and chained this time) and we're back to fishing. I was just aggravated and venting. Tight lines everyone!

Offline stitch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2017, 03:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.it may not be the end of the worldbut you did lose a day of fishing with your kids.hopefuly the guys on here and feels like the jerk he is.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.