Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Kent Park  (Read 888 times)

Offline hawkfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Kent Park
« on: Jan 15, 2017, 09:00 AM »
Others fish Kent with much luck?  I've heard of folks doing well with crappie out there a couple years ago.  Checked it out for the 1st time yesterday.  Ice was a solid 8 inches everywhere.  Didn't get out until 3pm, looked like it was fished pretty heavily in the AM.  A lot of open holes at the dam and center of the lake.  No bites the first hour+ then caught around 12 bluegill at sundown.  A couple keepers, but tossed back.

Offline SlabSultan

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Kent Park
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2017, 11:56 AM »
I've had a very similar time so far this year at Kent. You'll be successful if you can find a brush pile during low light hours. I pulled out a few 9+ inchers this past Sunday. All were released. Most everything else was about 8 inches. Haven't seen any crappie in the Johnson county area yet this season.
Burlington, IA

Offline Joe Wayne

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2017, 03:43 PM »
I was out on Kent on Sunday as well. The GF caught 2 good sized gills and that was it.
I've found that some of the best fishing at Kent is either at Dawn or at Dusk right on top of some cover.
Joe Wayne | Ankeny, IA

Offline andypromx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2017, 07:40 PM »
Was out there last night and this evening.  Ice is still 8"-9", but the top inch or so is getting soft.  Caught plenty of gills, and a couple bass on minnows.  Wish I could find some of the crappies in there, but I never do...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.