Author Topic: one last hoora  (Read 1881 times)

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
one last hoora
« on: Jan 15, 2017, 04:04 AM »
Finishing my coffee and am going to hit the lake early today for a long one. Finished with we gills and 5 perch yesterday. Good luck to all that get out today. I don't know what this weather coming will do to the ice.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: one last hoora
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2017, 04:34 AM »
I think I'm done for now other than cleaning fish today.  Made a long walk yesterday with a couple shoreline crossing.  Broken ice in several places that will not fair good today with above freezing temps.  Not to mention the warm up coming next week.  With this ice all cracked up with the weather changes, seems like it will get unsafe fast once it loosens up.  Be safe out there everyone!

Offline Jig_Head

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2017, 05:27 AM »
I don't know what this weather coming will do to the ice.
Oh I think you know. We all know. Nothing we can do about it. Sucks. Enjoy it today
When hell freezes over ill ice fish there too!

Offline crappiecrusher34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2017, 06:18 AM »
Same here being a weekend warrior with ice so far away from me as it is. We're approach are spot now. Fish hard today boys it might be awhile. Good luck
Chasing a dream on the water.

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2017, 11:36 AM »
Enjoy it why we can as we can't control the weather.

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2017, 01:57 PM »
Made it out today with 7 inches of ice. Slicker than snot. Like a sheet of glass. Crazy popping and crackING this morning. Those giant opens that go 50 yards under your feet when we were walking....ha. a few times of everyone stopping dead in their tracks occurred. It was great to get out. Not sure how much longer it will hold up with this week. Be safe and fish on.

Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Just got home from a hard 12 hours of fishing. Managed to limit today north of the border. Forgot my spud on the boat ramp and that really bites but I had a good time and I believe I now can survive this warm-up period and once we get the cold again in a few weeks I'll be ready to go. Was on 5 pretty good inches of ice.

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Good report!  Glad you got a mess.  I talk to several people who struggled today.  Just curious, I don't fish north of the border and I curious as to the size of the gills you caught?  There's been a lot of talk about big gills and limits.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2017, 06:43 PM »
Mostly 7to8 inch run of the mill. Did get one 10 today tho. Never got one until today. I'm pretty stoked!!!!

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2017, 06:45 PM »
Mostly 7to8 inch run of the mill. Did get one 10 today tho. Never got one until today. I'm pretty stoked!!!!
Nice job. I was very successful on a million 3 inch perch. Anyone catch catch big fish
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2017, 07:24 PM »
That's usually about what I catch, just wondered.  A 10" Gill is a great Gill and I'll take 8-9s all day everyday.  Got into some 10s on the James chain once in open water.  Got ran off the lake early by lightning.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2017, 07:28 PM »
HA...you guys got it made. I golfed today....at least I won 1$ !!!!

Paul

Offline camshaft962

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2017, 08:03 PM »
HA...you guys got it made. I golfed today....at least I won 1$ !!!!

Paul
A gentlemans bet? lol

Offline CWlake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2017, 07:05 AM »
I was north of Columbia City on Sunday. 6" of good ice and making more all morning. edges were thin, bite was ok. You really need to be mobile to stay on them. Ended with 34 gills, all 8-9". was off the lake by 11:30. As far as Mi. gills being bigger, It depends on the lake. Ive had a summer place there for 30+ years and I can find just as big gills in Indiana.

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:56 AM »
Plenty of big gil public lakes in Indiana. No need to pay for the out of state license if it's just big gils your after. It might require alittle more searching however but that's part of the fun.

Offline fisher97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2017, 10:54 AM »
Fished yesterday for almost 12 hours. Started at 1pm. Really don't want the ice to go as I was finally on some fish.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2017, 02:09 PM »
Plenty of big gil public lakes in Indiana. No need to pay for the out of state license if it's just big gils your after. It might require alittle more searching however but that's part of the fun.
either way I pay, if you'll take a gander at my profile you'll see I now live in ohio

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.