The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice fishing tournaments??  (Read 855 times)

Offline pike_fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice fishing tournaments??
« on: Jan 14, 2017, 02:02 PM »
I live in Bridger, MT and would like to take my 12 year old son to an ice fishing tournament, and was looking to take him to one in Wyoming. I was just wondering what there is close to the Lovell or Cody area for tournaments in February??  Thanks in advance for any help on this matter!
Fishing, the best stress management seminar for the money!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice fishing tournaments??
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2017, 05:13 PM »
There is usually a tourney at the sunshine lakes in February I just cannot remember if the chamber puts that one on and if that is where to look for the dates or not.

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2017, 05:24 PM »
The tournament is Feb. 11 on the lower and Feb. 12 at the upper. Meeteetse Visitor Center puts it on all the information is on there web site.

Offline GonefishingWy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:49 PM »
That sunshine tournament is a very good time and kids get in free. It is $75per team up to three people. It makes it nice you can fish by yourself or with others. The kids get something usually a fishing pole or tackle box and most people catch fish. Lower is a little tougher normally but upper is almost always good for a few.

Offline pike_fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2017, 08:49 PM »
One of those two lakes has splake in it, is that correct?  Are these lakes fairly easy to get to in the winter?

Is there any tournaments around Sheridan that would be worth the trip?
Fishing, the best stress management seminar for the money!

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 17, 2017, 07:29 PM »
The tournament is Feb. 11 on the lower and Feb. 12 at the upper. Meeteetse Visitor Center puts it on all the information is on there web site.
I was wrong the tournament in Meeteetse is Feb. 11 on the upper and Feb. 12 at the lower. It is just the opposite of what it has been for the last 8 years.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.