Author Topic: Hub Shelters...what's inside yours?  (Read 3253 times)

Offline mtman12672

• IceShanty Rookie
Hub Shelters...what's inside yours?
« on: Jan 14, 2017, 08:20 AM »
Looking at getting a pop up hub....probably quickfish 3.   Wanted to know what items/accessories you use inside that I should also think of getting.   I do have a buddy heater.  Currently have a flip over with some frail coat hooks that I hang my coat and other items from. not sure if they would work on the bars in the hub.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Hub Shelters...what's inside yours?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2017, 08:48 AM »
i weave a strip of 5050 water proof led reel lights thru the top bar from one corner to the other. i feed it with an ammo box that has a sla battery in it. i control the amount of light and when it's on with a wireless remote control. i use amazon for the wire, lights and remote.

harbor freight directors chairs and rod holders taped to the arm rests and a hunting seat cushion on top of that. the side table is nice and being aluminum is nice too when dragging your things.

jbl extreme bluetooth speaker to call in the fish that is fed progressive, alternative and classic rock most of the time.

3 heaters and use them as needed in what ever combination is needed for the temps and winds. the portable heater sits on top of a seat cushion to keep ice from melting as much.

eskimo ice anchors and their driver and ratchet ropes for the hubs.

there are hooks for pop ups that slide into the corner pockets. they look some what like a candy cane.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Nice milk crate to get the heater off the ice ...cam buckle straps w/Eskimo anchors ...lighting is nice ...whether it be head lamps..led strips..propane/gas lanterns  ...and practice putting in up/down ...till its second nature .They make Hub hooks which may be better then the Frabill hooks ..but I could see the Frabill hooks working.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=692237

will work in your hunting hub too .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2017, 09:30 AM »
Propane heater and a single burner stove..also doubles as a heater when it gets real cold..milkcrate for a table...and boards or styro foam to get ur feet off the ice
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline Nessmuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2017, 10:16 AM »
Small folding camp all table.....metal folding chairs...a thin throw rug for the floor...homemade beer holders so yah beah don't tip ovah...buddy heater...small radio...in a 6x6 hub...and a camp stove if we feel like cooking

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2017, 02:41 PM »
 heater chair/s fl12 a pile of fish tackle box

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2017, 02:54 PM »
A car DVD Player or a tablet with a DVD drive.  I hang mine on the hub so we can all se it.. they hook to flasher batteries if you know how to wire a car cord or any thing like it.. this is If all your doing is tip ups?  then sitting around is no fun pop a DVD in and sit around in style..   

That and lighting like a led lantren or even led strips and heat shrink tubing.. but are complicated to wire ..

Maybe even a deck of cards a a table of some kind??

Power box to plug all in to?? Like s ammo can power box?? 

If your jigging for crappie and pan fish let them be your entertainment.. if your not bored and are warm the trips fishing are always better then sitting twitiillng you thumbs doing nothing at all lol's .. also maybe anti fatigue matts get your feet off the ice..

Offline Nessmuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2017, 03:55 PM »
And a poker game with money always broke out !

Offline Kvan Classic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2017, 06:21 AM »
My girlfriend bought us a Jason Mitchell t4000 5 of 6 person, So we have plenty of room to fish.

We bought the Clam portable table with 4 cup holders.
Always have cards.
Ihome Bluetooth radio. Fish love country music.
Cooler full of Mich Golden beer.
Rechargeable dvd player.
Then rods, heater, bait etc
When your fishing 10 plus hours a day. You have to find something to stay busy. Or take a 3 hour nap. Yes we do.

Offline sig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2017, 08:01 AM »
Heres whats in my pop up, the little table legs ford under
[img width=218 height=80]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/431-s

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2017, 08:14 AM »
Chairs and Table

Mr. Buddy, Marcum LX7, Danglers, Engel Cooler w/minnows, Lure boxes, Gaff, Beer Cooler, Rods & Reels and multiple kinds of Larva.  ;D
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2017, 10:05 AM »
Just my wife and her pee bucket. Sorry I didn't get any pictures.
<===Lefty===

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2017, 10:15 AM »
Most daytime trips I keep it simple a fold up chair, buddy heater and a couple buckets to sit stuff on so it's not right on the ice. I always have my heater sitting up on a bucket that way you don't get a puddle of water in front of the heater.

Offline Gonefission

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2017, 11:40 AM »
Sig did you buy or make the rack on your heater for your cup?. Been thinking about something like that since I got mine.

Offline omartruck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2017, 06:12 PM »

Gonefission                check out the  mr buddy mods  the guys have some great ideas for homemade racks

Offline Adkslabslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2017, 06:47 PM »
Mini bar and striper pole

Offline Gonefission

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2017, 07:05 PM »
 thanks

Offline Nessmuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2017, 07:25 PM »
Chairs and Table
(Image removed from quote.)

Mr. Buddy, Marcum LX7, Danglers, Engel Cooler w/minnows, Lure boxes, Gaff, Beer Cooler, Rods & Reels and multiple kinds of Larva.  ;D
(Image removed from quote.)

Is that a Polar Bird hut ?  If so ..does it have any windows at eye level ..when sitting ?

Offline wefishandflop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing with two toddlers.
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2017, 10:15 PM »
I have a Quick Fish 2 that we bought a few years ago and used more then but got it out a couple of times recently.  I really like the easy of set up/take down and the quality.  As far as what is inside: Finder, alcohol heater, a place for me to sit and a tote that my toddlers can sit on.  The tote doubles up as storage for most of the things I need so sometimes it involves a little moving around but so far so good. 
We'll take any nibbles we get.  Jigging mostly.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2017, 04:08 AM »
Nessmuck:  "Is that a Polar Bird hut ?  If so ..does it have any windows at eye level ..when sitting ?"

Yes , it's a Polar Bird 3T.  The models offered currently do not have windows you can look out of while seated.

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline sig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:29 AM »
From Sig,  that little rack on my little buddy heater is just a roasting pan rack,  I cut it down a bit and it just fits over the flame guard on the little buddy, I had to bend up the end of the rack a little to make it level.
[img width=218 height=80]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/431-s

Offline Nessmuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 17, 2017, 08:00 AM »
Nessmuck:  "Is that a Polar Bird hut ?  If so ..does it have any windows at eye level ..when sitting ?"

Yes , it's a Polar Bird 3T.  The models offered currently do not have windows you can look out of while seated.

Thanks...guess I'll wait until they put some windows in...so I can keep an eye on my flags ,with out getting up constantly and unzipping the door.....ice fishing is supposed to be relaxing after a hard work week..right....lol

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 17, 2017, 11:04 AM »
Thanks...guess I'll wait until they put some windows in...so I can keep an eye on my flags ,with out getting up constantly and unzipping the door.....ice fishing is supposed to be relaxing after a hard work week..right....lol

I don't fish with my tip ups anymore since JawJackers came out and they make a loud "CLACK!" when they spring.  No visual needed to know one's gone off, so the PB works just fine for me.  Polar Bird is supposed to be adding more, larger, and lower placed windows in next year's models.  They should be much better for guys who fish tip ups. 

Offline Gonefission

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2017, 07:29 AM »
Thanks Sig I'm gonna try and do the same with mine

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.