Author Topic: Noble-whitley  (Read 846 times)

Offline ticeman

• IceShanty Rookie
Noble-whitley
« on: Jan 13, 2017, 06:38 PM »
I'm fishing tomorrow somewhere. Worked all week and haven't had a chance to check ice. I'm not asking where they are biting I'm asking where have people been today that there was good ice. I'm fishing by myself tomorrow as everyone else has to work. Just want to catch some fish and not get wet or worse. Thanks in advance.

Offline Edge

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Best Friends!
Re: Noble-whitley
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2017, 06:44 PM »
Driving around is probably a fair plan, but not sure I would recommend fishing alone.  Lot of lakes lost the edges around here.  I'm sure there is fishable ice, but you may have to drive around to find it.

Offline ticeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2017, 06:47 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I'm planning on looking for people and ice. Lol safety in numbers. And a float suit!🎣

Offline ftwwalleye

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2017, 06:48 PM »
Pm sent
Beer is proof that god loves us-ben franklin

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2017, 09:56 PM »
I hvent been out since wednesday... but as of wednesday there was fishable ice in whitley.  Just drive around to the likely spots and you will prbably find people out.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2017, 11:13 PM »
just got back in from steuben co. lakes.  edges are shot but still had 4-5" after walking the plank.  the cold front has them tucked in the weeds tight to bottom.  could only scratch 6 crappie.  none of them hit minnows.  they only bit a tiny jig and spike, after painstakingly drawing them up from bottom with a constant pound. gets old bringing them up just to watch them go back down again. she was making ice good. good luck with them tomorrow.  not sure where we will try yet.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline ticeman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:23 PM »
Tested most park waters. Norman- good ice no fish. Bowen- shakey. No go at narrows or mud! Dock is sketchy. Long is ok except at edges. No fish. Hope this helps. I was on 8 different lakes today and the ice is getting sketchy. Be careful.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.