Author Topic: Help with clam six pack 1660 thermal  (Read 1279 times)

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
Help with clam six pack 1660 thermal
« on: Jan 13, 2017, 05:26 PM »

Just set up my new clam 1660 six pack mag thermal for the first time, went up smooth, came down decent, but now I cannot fit it in side the carrying bag, everything seems to be bunched on one end. Anyone have any tricks or tips on tearing these down so they fit in the bag????

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Help with clam six pack 1660 thermal
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2017, 06:37 AM »
Bump

Offline NHGunowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2017, 09:10 PM »
I have the bigfoot I guess it's called.
My bag is plenty big, never really had an issue.
I fold in all the sides, then drop the top. So I have a big square. I lift one corner and fold in in half, now I have a triangle. I grab the other 2 corners and fold them toward center, it comes out pretty even in my experience.
To put in the bag, one end of the tent will be an exposed hub, the roof hub. I start that end into the bag first, slide it to one end of the bag, and stuff the rest in. I find it pretty quick.

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2017, 11:55 PM »
Interesting, I will figure it out sooner or later, haven't had the shanty out to mess with it due to weather. Thanks for your reply

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2017, 10:44 AM »
Have you been able to get it figured out yet?  I have the same one and when taking it down it kind of has to fold back on itself to be in the correct position for going back into the bag. 
fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2017, 05:12 PM »
Have used it 3 times now, and it is a bear to.get back in the bag, but yes I can get it alone, but again you have to wrestle with it a little. Love the shanty tho, lots of room, well designed. No issues yet!

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2017, 07:40 AM »
Have used it 3 times now, and it is a bear to.get back in the bag, but yes I can get it alone, but again you have to wrestle with it a little. Love the shanty tho, lots of room, well designed. No issues yet!
I hear ya - it does take a bit of wrestling to get it in the bag, mainly because the bag does not zip the entire length of the shelter.  I kind of roll the shelter over onto the bag, then pull the bag up and over the shelter a little then manage to shove it into place where it should be.  Very easy to set up and take down by yourself though. 
fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.