Author Topic: 15 Day Forecast  (Read 2039 times)

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
15 Day Forecast
« on: Jan 13, 2017, 03:45 AM »
Not looking good. Temps in the 40s during the day and late 30s at night. Do you think they'll postpone the derby again for another couple weeks? This winter started off right, now sucking eggs again like last year.

BrookieSlayer99

Re: 15 Day Forecast
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2017, 09:27 AM »
YUUUPPP looking great  :%$#!:

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2017, 12:23 PM »
 ??? ::)  Dennis?   I see more ice making through next Tuesday ;D    If you have to look 15 days ahead to get depressed that's sad.   Most NH Ponds have 8 to 12 inches of ice.  Two or three 40 degree days won't make much of a dent in that.  But they will provide some comfy weather to be on the ice ;D :tipup:
Dick

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2017, 04:37 PM »
I agree with Dick. Looking ahead at the 15 day forecast, there is actually really good ice making potential on the week of the 23rd, some cold nights and days not above 35-36

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2017, 05:13 PM »

The days are a lot shorter than the nights right now! thank god.

jason
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2017, 07:09 PM »
 ;D :tipup: Fished with Meat&NMetal today and it was windy, cold and making ice ::) ::)
Dick

Offline LakerNewb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2017, 07:16 PM »
I wouldn't get too discouraged by a week of warm weather this early into the season. We will probably have a good freeze end of month/beginning of February. With what we have for a base so far, I got a feeling we will bounce back from this week in short order if I am right.
Oh the weather outside is frightful but the cusk are so delightful, long as I can't feel my toes! Let snow let it snow let it snow!

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2017, 03:23 AM »
It was more than 2 days of 40 degree weather. Unless the forecast changed, it was 2 WEEKS.

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2017, 03:34 AM »
Checked the Weather Channel again, of course, this post looks stupid now. Temps dropped almost 10 degrees during the day and under freezing at night.

Offline ScotNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:07 AM »
You aren't crazy, I saw it too! There were 8 straight days with the highs in the mid 40's to low 50's, and a low of 33 or higher.

Thankfully, they appear to have been wrong!

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:19 AM »
You aren't crazy, I saw it too! There were 8 straight days with the highs in the mid 40's to low 50's, and a low of 33 or higher.

haha thank you! It was 11 straight days of 38-48 degrees during the day with about 4+ rain days, and night temps 35+ with only the 27-29 of Jan to be in high 20's at night. The people who don't think that will severely affect the ice, are the same idiots falling through every year.

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:29 AM »

Plus, lots of places aren't fully locked up yet, and those temps certainly won't lock it up or help either

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:33 AM »
Where did you guys see that forecast so I can stay away from that site? I didn't see anything less than 8" of ice the past 3 days. Oh I did fall in once up to my armpits 5 years ago when I was young and stupid. Taught me to bring a change of clothes and boots with me

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:55 AM »
Where did you guys see that forecast so I can stay away from that site? I didn't see anything less than 8" of ice the past 3 days. Oh I did fall in once up to my armpits 5 years ago when I was young and stupid. Taught me to bring a change of clothes and boots with me

It was any weather station, but patterns change which is why they call it a "prediction". I'm glad they changed to cooler temps

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:05 AM »
 ??? ::)  Dennis,  Remember that the weatherman is often wrong about the weather tomorrow?   I don't give much credence to a 15 day forecast ::)     I'm still looking at just above zero here!  A little bit of 40 degree rain possible on Wed.   I think that will freeze and make more ice?   A great winter so far ;D
Dick

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:10 AM »
??? ::)  Dennis,  Remember that the weatherman is often wrong about the weather tomorrow?   I don't give much credence to a 15 day forecast ::)     I'm still looking at just above zero here!  A little bit of 40 degree rain possible on Wed.   I think that will freeze and make more ice?   A great winter so far ;D
Dick

No complaints here plenty of ice, easy parking and easy walking. If you live in the SE corner of the state you might have to travel a little ways right now but there is fishable ice to be found.

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:28 AM »
Dick

I can't fault weathermen for forecasts though lol it's the weather, it literally is unpredictable to a certain extent. I'm just glad it changed and a colder front moved in. I'll gladly only take 1-2 bad days now rather than the 11 it had before. It's an in-between season for the last two years! Better than last year, but not as good as 2014-2015 winter.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:39 AM »
It was any weather station, but patterns change which is why they call it a "prediction". I'm glad they changed to cooler temps

Dennis I use this one it gives wind, BP etc.
https://www.wunderground.com/

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2017, 01:13 PM »

Need to start using the hillbilly weatherman! Too funny! It is looking better though , same thing happened to me.

Jason
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2017, 01:27 PM »
I parked my truck on Winnisquam yesterday. I didn't do that once last year. We have more ice now then we did at derby last year, so no, if anything they could have it early.

WAY better ice year this year RIGHT NOW than we had all last year. We will not lose a lot of ice with 40 degree days. Those are highs so it will be 40 degrees for about a half hour out of each day and about 10 minutes after the sun goes down it's dang cold. 
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2017, 03:51 PM »
Way better year for ice than last year already!

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #21 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:08 PM »
I parked my truck on Winnisquam yesterday. I didn't do that once last year. We have more ice now then we did at derby last year, so no, if anything they could have it early.

WAY better ice year this year RIGHT NOW than we had all last year. We will not lose a lot of ice with 40 degree days. Those are highs so it will be 40 degrees for about a half hour out of each day and about 10 minutes after the sun goes down it's dang cold. 
I agree. I fished for 2 hours from 3-5 and it got COLD as I was leaving.

Offline ScotNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 16, 2017, 05:43 PM »
Here's a couple of screen shots I took on Thursday for the 17th through the 26th. The forecast looks much better now! This was from the Weather Channel app.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.