Author Topic: Blackwell Hard Water Classic  (Read 1054 times)

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
Blackwell Hard Water Classic
« on: Jan 12, 2017, 01:36 PM »
Who is going? I will be there. Hope to see some of you. I will be in camo bibs, and a black jacket. Name is Adam! see you out there

Offline Colddriver

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Blackwell Hard Water Classic
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2017, 09:35 PM »
I will be there!! I will.have a prety big group,for alot of them this there first maby second time ever ice fishing. Pre fished prety hard got some spots up my sleeve hope it all works out and i can get everybody a fish to check.in.
I will.have a little shanty town going,black.2man frabil, red singleman eskimo, black frabil hub. Ill be in a grey gortex suit most likely fishing with my  mom hope she wins big bluegill AGAIN!! 
Good luck maby see you there  ES!

Offline Jtemp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2017, 09:19 AM »
how is Blackwell? never fished it, but it is close to home for me. i hit some of the other du page lakes already this year and nothing much to speak of. tried deep quarry yesterday and wasn't even marking much.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2017, 10:54 AM »
JTemp, it is a pretty tough lake to fish in my opinion. It has very clear water, and gets fished heavily. The good apart about it are the species that can be caught. Crappie, eyes, pike, and it is also stocked with trout and perch. Unfortunately, anything over 8 inches seems to go home in a bucket leaving the lake undersized. The DNR agent I talked to said that when they shocked the lake, they found pike over 40 inches, bass over 5 lbs, and several big walleye.

Offline Jtemp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2017, 11:07 AM »
JTemp, it is a pretty tough lake to fish in my opinion. It has very clear water, and gets fished heavily. The good apart about it are the species that can be caught. Crappie, eyes, pike, and it is also stocked with trout and perch. Unfortunately, anything over 8 inches seems to go home in a bucket leaving the lake undersized. The DNR agent I talked to said that when they shocked the lake, they found pike over 40 inches, bass over 5 lbs, and several big walleye.

Thanks man

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.