Author Topic: Weather today  (Read 494 times)

Offline rivereddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Weather today
« on: Jan 12, 2017, 11:26 AM »
Monday afternoon, I spent a delightful sundown on the ice. Got my first fish for the new year taken care of and brought home
dinner to boot.  The forecast didn't look good for this week so when I got home I took my ice fishing stuff our of the truck and made
plans to fish Thursday (today) in open water up at Missy.  When I got up this morning at 6:00 it was 58 deg outside.  By 9:00 is was
61.  I was getting ready to go when a blast of thunder literally exploded close to the house. The temp dropped from 61 to 45 in about 20 minutes......This is a rough time of year.  I called a bud who said that his lake, while still iced over, had so much water on top of the ice,
that he saw waves with whitecaps....

fish, where?,how?, on.

rivereddy

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Weather today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2017, 11:35 AM »
I don't advise trying the Missy, in fact the weather likely did you a favor. Rolling mud and quickly rising level is what you would have found. She'll be messed up for a few weeks for sure. Not saying you couldn't connect on some but odds not in our favor. When water goes back down I expect to start seeing some fish up stream in river.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.