Author Topic: North East Nebraska  (Read 1623 times)

Offline CC U

• IceShanty Rookie
North East Nebraska
« on: Jan 12, 2017, 09:52 AM »
We are heading out to Buckskin on Saturday.  The report is that the crappie and bass are biting well.  Has anybody had any luck with the Walleye there as of late?  If not, what about Powder Creek?  Thanks

Offline mvovos

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: North East Nebraska
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2017, 11:43 AM »
Buddy of mine fished buckskin last weekend not much going on

Offline CC U

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2017, 09:25 AM »
We went to Buckskin on Saturday, and found the Crappie down by the spill way in 40 feet of water.  The snow cover and water on top of the ice made for some hard walking.  Hopefully the warmer weather and wind will melt some of that snow today and tomorrow and the colder temperatures will make next weekend more favorable.

Offline perchfanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2017, 10:35 PM »
CC U- you found 40 feet of water at Buckskin? Did someone dig a hole by the spillway? The deepest I've ever found was 17 feet of water and I've fished Buckskin for 25 years.

Offline Slabsticker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2017, 10:52 PM »
22-23 fow in one small area, that's it.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2017, 06:42 AM »
Maximum depth 26.3 at full conservation level.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline perchfanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:58 AM »
CC U hopefully enough members with knowledge about Buckskin throw the red flag on your claim of crappies  in 40 f.o.w. by the spillway. Yes there are crappies (small) in Buckskin, but keep in mind that desperate people will do desperate things- like walk on thin ice by the spillway in search of your claim. Please be mindful of your posts, before someone gets hurt or worse dies. With all that said I realize people need to judge the ice for themselves and not rely on someone's idea of a joke. CC U and everyone else- stay safe on  the ice! I hope it never happens to you, but if you ever have to pull a body out of the water after a thin ice accident you'll realize my concern.

Offline CC U

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 31, 2017, 01:33 PM »
Sorry, I stand Corrected.  The flasher was set on 20 not on 40, I had to ask my partner, and he scoffed at me.  I was wrong.

The area was 20 Feet of water.  We jumped to the 40 setting and back to 20, which he did not tell me.  This was about 50 yards West of the spill way, then 100 yards South of that line in a right angle. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.