Author Topic: Skinzit Customer service  (Read 2422 times)

Offline LarryClutch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go Big or Go Home
Skinzit Customer service
« on: Jan 11, 2017, 03:27 PM »
Just was emailing and talking to Skinzit Customer service.  They run an A+ show over there.  I dropped off my Skinzit to have them look at it and the owner met me at the door.  The problem was user error on my part but they were very helpful with my issues.  If you ever are thinking of getting a Skinzit know that they will take care of you!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Skinzit Customer service
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2017, 03:51 PM »
After chasing this down, (No link, ha), I see it's an electric fish skinner, ha.

http://www.fishskinner.com/         ;)2

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2017, 03:55 PM »
I had to do the same thing! You beat me to it!! It would be nice for posters to include links.......... Just sayin'.....
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2017, 04:10 PM »
I had to do the same thing! You beat me to it!! It would be nice for posters to include links.......... Just sayin'.....
Yup ~ full agreement.     ;)2

I watched the "Auto-running video", (GRR   :cookoo:), and came away thinking that is a wanton waste of good fish.     ???

Offline PerchRapala

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2017, 04:14 PM »
I don't understand this product. It takes 15 seconds to de-skin a fish a remove the ribone. Maybe I am missing something  ???

Offline hookset81

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2017, 04:21 PM »
I don't think it's about the time it takes, although I think it is faster than I am if there are a lot to be skinned.  It's more about the waste of meat.  Fact is, most folks myself included, aren't perfect at getting the meat off the filet every time.  Once in a while we really mess up a fish and waste a bunch of meat.  This product prevents that.  I have seen it in action and if I was cleaning buckets of fish, you bet I would have one.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2017, 04:31 PM »
Maybe I am missing something  ???

Only $150.00 if you bought one ;D

WS

Offline LarryClutch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go Big or Go Home
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:03 PM »
My bad on no link. The owners live close to me and I  assumed everyone knew about them. Not a huge time saver when it's just you cleaning but if you have 3 or 4 guys it goes pretty quick. The meat saver part is the biggest plus. I fish a lot of over populated blue gill ponds and the skinzit makes the smaller gills worth keeping. $150 is a steep price.  But thankfully my in laws were very kind to me for Christmas and got me one.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:07 PM »
I don't understand this product. It takes 15 seconds to de-skin a fish a remove the ribone. Maybe I am missing something  ???

Nope, YOU aren't. The people who bought them are missing an opportunity to learn the skill of game and fish processing.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:10 PM »

Thankfully, my in laws were very kind to me for Christmas and got me one.

Those are the best kind.      :thumbsup: :clap: ;)2

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:33 PM »
Nope, YOU aren't. The people who bought them are missing an opportunity to learn the skill of game and fish processing.

You could say the same thing about $700 sonar units...What skill is involved in broadcasting a sonar beacon? It only takes like 10 seconds to know if there are fish under your hole with a $2 cup of maggots. A sonar isn't going to make them bite any better than the maggots...Just saying, learn the skill of fishing and you won't need to spend a grand on a sonar to help locate fish...

I've seen single fillet knifes that cost more than $150. If this product helps, why not? No different than giving someone $50 to process a deer, who cares? Lol

Having said that, I guess that makes PerchRapala the designated IceShanty fish cleaner lol good to know :)
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:43 PM »
So true RyanW,
                     But, a very inexpensive sonar, turned sideways down that hole will scan out 600' rotate 360* and if nothing is seen, best move 1/8 of a mile before wasting energy on another hole.    ;)2

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:50 PM »
You could say the same thing about $700 sonar units...What skill is involved in broadcasting a sonar beacon? It only takes like 10 seconds to know if there are fish under your hole with a $2 cup of maggots. A sonar isn't going to make them bite any better than the maggots...Just saying, learn the skill of fishing and you won't need to spend a grand on a sonar to help locate fish...

I've seen single fillet knifes that cost more than $150. If this product helps, why not? No different than giving someone $50 to process a deer, who cares? Lol

Having said that, I guess that makes PerchRapala the designated IceShanty fish cleaner lol good to know :)

Knife skills, game butchering/processing, and fish processing are viable skills needed in this world..

The $700 sonar unit doesn't catch the fish for you by pressing a button.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2017, 06:46 AM »
thanks for commenting on a good customer service interface! That is getting harder and harder to find now days.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2017, 07:14 AM »
Knife skills, game butchering/processing, and fish processing are viable skills needed in this world..

100% agree

Does the $1000 one?  Lol

With the way products are coming along it's only a matter of time before that's all it takes anymore. Mini underwater robots that just find the fish and bring back the fillets. I bet they'd sell out in a day.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline Bartb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2017, 07:28 AM »
100% agree

Does the $1000 one?  Lol

With the way products are coming along it's only a matter of time before that's all it takes anymore. Mini underwater robots that just find the fish and bring back the fillets. I bet they'd sell out in a day.

Due to the better electronics and social media, Minnesota is considering reducing the limits on fish.  Angling is becoming much easier and starting to put more pressure on the lakes.
I fish a lot....I catch a little.

Offline LarryClutch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go Big or Go Home
« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2017, 01:27 PM »

Since I received this item as a gift or even if I bought it, I lack the game butchering and fish processing skills.  This makes total sense.  If I had to guess, you sir are a democrat.  Your opinion matters to some people but not to me.  I do feel the same about learning to use a knife but if there is a better more efficient way then take advantage of that.  Or should we still be riding horses and not driving cars?  Using the skinzit you get way more meat than a fillet knife.   Under the rib meat you can get some with a fillet knife, but you get it all with the Skinzit.  If someone can afford it, I would recommend getting it and this thread was started to complement their outstanding customer service.  Some how it spun into you degrading people who use the Skinzit.  Good luck the rest of the season fishing and filleting!

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2017, 01:48 PM »
Well said Larry.

Offline Bartb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2017, 03:28 PM »
Since I received this item as a gift or even if I bought it, I lack the game butchering and fish processing skills.  This makes total sense.  If I had to guess, you sir are a democrat.  Your opinion matters to some people but not to me.  I do feel the same about learning to use a knife but if there is a better more efficient way then take advantage of that.  Or should we still be riding horses and not driving cars?  Using the skinzit you get way more meat than a fillet knife.   Under the rib meat you can get some with a fillet knife, but you get it all with the Skinzit.  If someone can afford it, I would recommend getting it and this thread was started to complement their outstanding customer service.  Some how it spun into you degrading people who use the Skinzit.  Good luck the rest of the season fishing and filleting!

Nicely said

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2017, 05:14 PM »
If I am cleaning a bunch I use a Townsend fish skinner It is basically the same deal as a Skinzit with out the motor. Uses a key crank on the side. Three or four turns to remove the ribs from the meat and four or five to take the skin off. No wasted meat.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Bartb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2017, 07:28 AM »
If I am cleaning a bunch I use a Townsend fish skinner It is basically the same deal as a Skinzit with out the motor. Uses a key crank on the side. Three or four turns to remove the ribs from the meat and four or five to take the skin off. No wasted meat.
Keep it safe! JDL

I just googled that...holy crap it's almost exactly the same thing.  Lol.

Very few "new" inventions in this world.

Offline fish333

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 13, 2017, 08:06 AM »
Keep it safe! JDL

I too! have a Townsend skinner and always use it. For one thing I got my son when he was younger to help clean fish. Now with his son he is helping grandpa clean fish right along side of me. It's good for a learning.

Sorry for stepping on Skinzit toes.  Be safe! :tipup:

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Jan 13, 2017, 08:44 AM »
I'm not a fan of the skinzit. They leave on small bones and get way too close to the skin, leaving on all the silver skin, which I don't like. They aren't for me anyway.

Offline JiggingIowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 13, 2017, 09:35 AM »
Keep it safe! JDL

We use the same thing, but just for the ribs. Doesn't save anytime, but you would be amazed in the difference in meat left when filleting a 3 man limit of perch in our area. I was skeptical when my buddy and his dad were using them, but made a believer out of me when I compared my fillets to theirs. I thought I had always done a good job of cutting under the ribs to leave that meat.. I was wrong, and I'm fairly competent with a knife.

Offline LarryClutch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Go Big or Go Home
« Reply #24 on: Jan 13, 2017, 02:25 PM »

I too! have a Townsend skinner and always use it. For one thing I got my son when he was younger to help clean fish. Now with his son he is helping grandpa clean fish right along side of me. It's good for a learning.

You got me interested now.  I have seen them before.  I am going to a couple swap meets in a couple weeks and im going to try to pick one up! ;D

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #25 on: Jan 13, 2017, 03:02 PM »
We use the same thing, but just for the ribs. Doesn't save anytime, but you would be amazed in the difference in meat left when filleting a 3 man limit of perch in our area. I was skeptical when my buddy and his dad were using them, but made a believer out of me when I compared my fillets to theirs. I thought I had always done a good job of cutting under the ribs to leave that meat.. I was wrong, and I'm fairly competent with a knife.
Yep I mostly use it for ribs also. Sharp knife does for the skin just fine!!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #26 on: Jan 13, 2017, 03:24 PM »

Shoot I am sorry also!! I never remember to keep my nose out of other peoples posts.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #27 on: Jan 13, 2017, 06:05 PM »
That's what makes this site so interesting!!! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #28 on: Jan 13, 2017, 07:03 PM »
You got me interested now.  I have seen them before.  I am going to a couple swap meets in a couple weeks and im going to try to pick one up! ;D
Good luck! I looked on eBay and saw some used ones for in the $ 20.00 range. Ended up getting a new one from some place down on the gulf coast of Texas for $ 32.00. That was a few years ago.
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.