Author Topic: Ice fishing boots...let's have it !  (Read 9239 times)

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice fishing boots...let's have it !
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2017, 11:58 PM »
I have a pair of skellerup quartos that I got cheap from sierra trading post. They are great. You guys have me wanting to try those Baffin's now though.

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born up the mountain, raised in a cave...
« Reply #31 on: Jan 11, 2017, 12:46 AM »
Red Wing Irish Setters.  I got them on sale w/ a store credit I'd forgotten about then discovered.

They're a size big so I can wear a thin polypro liner under a medium wool sock.  Out on the ice w/ a piece of carpet if I'm sittin', and I'm warm & dry all day...
Ice fishin' & turtlin's all I crave...

Offline Bassmaster16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 11, 2017, 02:04 AM »
cabela's 2000 gram pac boot. They are really stiff at first but just put them on and hike in the woods for about 2 miles and there good to go. those and 1 pair of cotton socks all you need.

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2017, 05:50 AM »
If you watch those "reality" shows about Alaska on TV, you will see that most of those folks are wearing the White color Mickey Mouse Boots !!!  My pair (cost $35) are 20 years old and have NEVER left me with cold feet.

You too!  :laugh: Think I paid $20 for mine, brand new at a flea market, by now probably 20+ years old also.
Can also sit in slush and water all day also without getting cold feet.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #34 on: Jan 11, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Baffin Rangers poly liners, wool socks and I bought an extra pair of liners. they are 16 Y.O. and still keeping my feet warm.
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline torchd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 24, 2017, 10:39 PM »
Tonight I just bought Cabella's Inferno 2000 Pac boot for $110 shipped to my door.

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 10, 2017, 07:11 AM »
Muck edgewaters for me.......But use them for everything thought.  Hunting.....deer, rabbit, duck, pheasant....showshoe hare......if I'm inna woods, duck blind, or fields those are on my feet......and also for ice fishing!  They even hold up well to strapping snow shoes on.   A pair lasts me 2-3 years but I put some miles on them and never had cold or wet feet.  I leave them by the door as they are perfect for stepping in and out of to get mail in the winter or take the dogs for a quick walk.  they are so easy to get on and off when I'm small game hunting and moving from place to place I drive with a pair of slip on crocks and leave the boots in the back driver side seat.....a quick step out and step in and I'm heading to the woods.  If you want to go to one pair of boots for everything outdoors check them out. 
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 10, 2017, 07:20 AM »
 Titans are the best ice fishing boot available, have a pair of arctic sport mucks that are worn out, they were good for warmer days but a boot dryer is a must,  just ordered a pair of muck arctic pro's, hope they are good, the mucks will also be used for late season whitetail hunting
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline jiml

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 10, 2017, 07:25 AM »
Titans are the best ice fishing boot available, have a pair of arctic sport mucks that are worn out, they were good for warmer days but a boot dryer is a must,  just ordered a pair of muck arctic pro's, hope they are good, the mucks will also be used for late season whitetail hunting

The arctic pro is one step up from the edgewaters I use.  Like I said pretty much if Im hunting or fishing they are on my feet and are awesome.
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
Ronald Reagan

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 10, 2017, 08:04 AM »
Titans are the best ice fishing boot available,

I haven't had others but I'm completely satisfied with my Titans! And as I said elsewhere, they're made in Canada and we know a thing or 2 about the cold, eh??  :)
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Feb 10, 2017, 11:11 PM »
I like my Sorel Glacier Extremes...They are kind of ridiculous at first...must have the thickest sole and insulation of any boot. But it's amazing how well it keeps your feet the same temp all over, all day. Not bad to walk in either for a few miles.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 15, 2017, 04:26 AM »
If you ice fish you need baffin titans, I also have a pair of muck arctic sports that are worn out, and just got a pair of muck arctic pro's that I've worn once, so far I really like them, only reason I have the mucks is for late season whitetail hunting, but I do use them on warmer days ice fishing when I'm hole hopping 

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 15, 2017, 07:56 AM »
I like my Sorel Glacier Extremes...They are kind of ridiculous at first...must have the thickest sole and insulation of any boot. But it's amazing how well it keeps your feet the same temp all over, all day. Not bad to walk in either for a few miles.

(Image removed from quote.)

I had some Sorrels but they weren't any good at all for ice fishing. We often have conditions where the slush is more than ankle deep. Those type of boots (aka 'skidoo boots') are not waterproof above the ankle.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Feb 15, 2017, 08:09 AM »
If you ice fish you need baffin titans, I also have a pair of muck arctic sports that are worn out, and just got a pair of muck arctic pro's that I've worn once, so far I really like them, only reason I have the mucks is for late season whitetail hunting, but I do use them on warmer days ice fishing when I'm hole hopping

Love the muck arctic pros, but you do need some lighter boots as well for warm conditions.  too warm if its over 45 out

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #44 on: Feb 15, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Love the muck arctic pros, but you do need some lighter boots as well for warm conditions.  too warm if its over 45 out

Totally agree.....The Muck Arctic Pros are the best boot I've ever owned.....They are almost to hot to wear in the spring & fall when the temps are warmer.....A boot dryer is a must have !!

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 25, 2017, 08:27 AM »
I've worn the arctic pros about 10 times now, love them, they same as the sports just a tad heavier with some extra meat in the toe, my sports got torn up in the toe from kicking sh1t

Offline TaliscAdrian

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jun 01, 2017, 08:45 AM »
I have Baffin Men's Control Max Insulated Boot and definitely it is one of the best boot on the market . Awesome boots, super warm and comfortable even after standing on the ice for 13 hours! Would recommend to anyone who needs boots

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.