Author Topic: Evo 2  (Read 1395 times)

Offline cabbage681

• IceShanty Rookie
Evo 2
« on: Jan 09, 2017, 07:38 PM »
I was wondering how many people out there have one of these shacks? I can't find any in stores around me to sit in and test out. I know there's a lot of fishing room from what I've read. I'm wondering if there is enough room for two guys to fish a 24"-28" rod without it hitting any of the sides. All the stores around tell me they can order one for me but I don't want to buy one if i can't use my rods.

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Evo 2
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:50 PM »
I've seen them setup in stores around here, there looks to be plenty of room. I like how the chairs swivel away from each other. Each person could fish two lines and each have a hole for a ducer.
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:51 PM »
Haven't had mine out this year yet.  There is a lot of room in front of the seats, also the doors on each side make entry and exit a breeze. They are larger than the average  hub, and no stepping over gear or holes, just pivot and go. The relationship between the sled and pop up part gives room to put the camera and ducer in a separate hole in the extreme front, keeping them out of the way. Lots of room in the tub for all your "stuff"  Stand up headroom was a big reason I bought the Evo 2 over a variety of other units. 

Offline Bassmaster16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2017, 07:58 AM »
i just bought mine last week and tested it out last night. there was enough room for my wife and I to fish with our 28 in rods plus have our heater set up, electronics unit in the middle, and a deadstick set to the side of one of us. They are very spacious and have plenty of room. when your sitting in the chair you can't reach the roof with your hand which is good for when you need those big hooksets.

Offline Wyoming_Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing God's Country "Big Wounderful Wyoming"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2017, 06:16 PM »
Those chairs look really nice. How do they sit?    :tipup:

Wyo Ice
RIP "LT"   This place just won't be the same...

Offline jcrow75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2017, 08:38 PM »
I have one and I think they are great. There is plenty of room and the seats are great. They may be a bit tall if you are s shorter person. I think a 24 in rod would be fine a 48In rod may even work. I don't have any that long. It is different that a regular flip over. But the room and all the windows are great. You can fit a third person in there if necessary that will be a bit tight but it can be done.
They now make an insulated one if that is something important to you.

Offline cabbage681

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2017, 09:13 PM »
Thanks for the help. I just picked one up tonight. Set it up in my living room.... I under estimated the size of this thing!!! The room is awesome. Me and my fiancé sat in it, I had to set my stuff up just to see how much room I had. I cannot wait till Saturday. How is it to pull by hand? I was thinking about building a sled to use when hauling out.

Offline jcrow75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2017, 07:30 PM »
A smitty sled is always worth the effort.

Offline bulldawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2017, 10:25 PM »
I'm having a hard time deciding between the insulated evo2 and the clam yukon x thermal...love both...is the evo2 a pain to setup in the wind? also it looks like once you anchor it down your not going to wanna move ??
I dont always drink beer, but when I do I like to drink alot of it.

Offline cabbage681

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2017, 07:44 PM »
I haven't used mine yet. It takes maybe a minute in the driveway to set up. I'm thinking if it's windy all you have to put an ice anchor on your tow rope. Then pop the hubs. If it's windy I can imagine you don't want to be taking anchors out and moving for fish. Taking mine out tomorrow night. Me and two buddies staying on the ice looking for walleyes all night.

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2017, 10:35 PM »
Yup, sled into the wind, anchor that end first.  With my track sled, I just leave it hooked up.

Offline cabbage681

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2017, 05:28 PM »
Just thought I should do a follow up on this after a couple usages. So far this is by far my favorite shack I've owned. Plenty of room, easy to set up. The two doors and windows are awesome. Fished the first night in -5 below weather. Our heater was messing up so it was alittle cool but not terrible. Started using a five pounder to avoid our 1 lbers freezing up. I haven't had to pull it through slush and snow yet but on the ice we have now it pulls great with my power auger and all my gear.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2017, 12:42 PM »
Was at a store this morning and sat in an Evo2 with the insulated end and roof. I would love to have one, but it would be too cumbersome for an old coot to load into the back of my pickup. I have a Quick Fish 3i which works well for me when alone.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.