Author Topic: Boots  (Read 6053 times)

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Boots
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2017, 05:46 AM »
I need to try on a pair of the Muck boots, I have a hard time believing a rubber boot is going to keep you warm. I have a pair of Sorel's that are pretty old and my feet are getting cold when on the ice for extended periods.
Believe it!!! Arctic Sports
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2017, 05:53 AM »
Cabelas predator extreme water proof and breathable and very warm.muck boots (at least te pair i had)do not breath and make my feet sweat like crazy and get cold

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2017, 05:56 AM »
Muck Artic Sport...if you like to wear thick socks and liners I suggest 1 size up ..all about the wiggle room .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2017, 06:02 AM »
Not to belabor a point, but you can't beat Muck boots for comfort. I've been wearing them for about 8 years now. I literally wear them every day for work during the winter, from October through April.  I've walked miles in them.
If you don't think Mucks are comfortable, you've got messed up feet!!!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline mhtrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 09, 2017, 06:09 AM »
To me the muck boots soles are to stiff and don't bend when I walk tried them a few years ago for hunting maybe would be alright for fishing. I am old school I will stick with my org. lacrosse 800 gram burley also mickey mouse boots for extreme cold sits and fishing. There is a place Bradley's military that has the black and white mickey mouse boots the are located on rt 11 phone # is 315-629-4736 or 1-800-503-4954 they are usually pretty reasonable. 

Offline gotaway

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 09, 2017, 06:13 AM »
   I picked up a pair of  Baffin Titans to replace my worn out Sorels.... wow are they warm ( -175) and comfortable... they have a waffle footbed that wicks away any moisture,  a little heavier than the old sorels ...... but at $100  , a great choice ...... gotta get one size larger due to thick insulation that forms to your feet

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 09, 2017, 06:16 AM »
I have a pair of muck arctic pro for 2 years just worn for ice fishing and a couple times very cold days of hunting and they are splitting on the side of the foot already. My hunting buddy has same boot but in camo for hunting and his are doing the same. For the price I thought they would last a lot longer. Just bought my wife baffin impacts and she is always cold but this weekend said her feet never got cold sun up to sun down.

Offline Jacque LeTrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 09, 2017, 06:18 AM »
Mickey boots but would like Baffin if I could afford them

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 09, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Muck Arctic work for me. They do have stiff soles as mentioned above and can be very tricky on glare ice without spikes on.

Don't underestimate the importance of a good pair of Merino Wool socks. I bought a pair of firstlite socks and they work extremely well at wicking away moisture.

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 09, 2017, 06:54 AM »
Sorel Glaciers

Offline bshirtd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 09, 2017, 07:04 AM »
Mickys are by far the warmest but extremely heavy. I usually wear my muck boots when I am chasing tip downs and mickeys when watching flags
its a footrace to the hole

Fishmon

« Reply #41 on: Jan 09, 2017, 07:07 AM »
Got the Baffins last year at half price.  They are really nice.  Wait until they have sales.

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 09, 2017, 07:07 AM »
Muck arctic pros with katoohlas very warm and much easier to walk in than pack boots.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #43 on: Jan 09, 2017, 07:10 AM »
artic pro mucks

Offline Nosaj

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 09, 2017, 07:24 AM »
I have the Arctic Pro's and like them for how I fish.  I fish from a Hub or a Shanty so I do not need extreme low temp boots.  When it gets down to single digits my feet start getting cold even with 2 pair of merino wool socks (1thin and 1thick) so I through in a pair of toe warmers.  I have fished in -10/-15 deg. weather with them and was OK with the toe warmers.  I like them for active fishing, in and out of a heated shelter.  If I was doing a lot of sitting I would go with something heavier.

This post is a great one on boots that I believe went on for 4 years and 12 pages.  Some of the info is dated but most is not.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=233732.220

Offline Coach 54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 09, 2017, 07:39 AM »
I have used "Mickeys" in the past and found them to be very heavy but warm and dry. I have been using the Muck Arctic Pros for the last 2 years and the only way my feet have gotten wet is because of sweat. They work great.

Offline tipupjeff521

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:00 AM »
The Baffin Titans are the warmest boot I've ever worn and very comfortable.
take me to the iceeeeeeeeee

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:11 AM »
I can't tolerate walking around in Mucks all day. I only break them out when I know I'm going to have to fish in standing water.
I prefer a set of studded Neos worn over my sneakers. My brother wears a pair of slippers inside his.
Stop torturing yourselves and look up Neos Overshoes.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline RaCKaHoLIC518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:13 AM »
Muck arctic pros work for me. I also have heated insoles for the real cold days  :thumbsup:

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
« Reply #49 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:15 AM »
I've been wearing the brown 15" Viking insulated boots for years. Durable slip-ons and cold feet are a non issue.

Offline iloveacrappiedinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:39 AM »
I bought a pair of LL Bean mid height Snow Sneakers. I use them all season hunting and I've been wearing them on the ice all season. I absolutely love them. Spent all day on the ice Saturday (low of 0, high of 15) and my feet never got cold. They're low height and very comfortable. I can kick slush around all day and my feet stay nice and dry.

Offline Zimmy87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:02 AM »
Used to be a fan of mucks not so much any more. Seems the price keeps going up and the Chinese keep making them cheaper! :-\

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:03 AM »
Kennetrek pac boots. Im sold. Don't think ill need another pair of boots for a long time
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline flyfish413

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #53 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:11 AM »
Muck Arctic pros, just scored a set on ebay for $115 shipped. Amazingly warm and comfortable, no laces and material to ice up.

Offline pikemanEd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:14 AM »
I have baffin titans and they are the warmest boots for 100$ out there
Go big or go home

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #55 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:17 AM »
Muck Arctic pros, just scored a set on ebay for $115 shipped. Amazingly warm and comfortable, no laces and material to ice up.
good deal good boot
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Jan 09, 2017, 09:44 AM »
Baffin apex pricey but u cant put a price on warm dry feet
I have a pair of baffins, warm and light.I also have Rocky bear claws, which are a good all around boot.
Some good merino wool socks, and air activated toe warmers can go a long way too.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #57 on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:03 AM »
I wear a old pair of air jordons and I think you guys are all whimps

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:13 AM »
I need to try on a pair of the Muck boots, I have a hard time believing a rubber boot is going to keep you warm. I have a pair of Sorel's that are pretty old and my feet are getting cold when on the ice for extended periods.
I thought the same.  The Arctic Pro's made me a believer.

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:13 AM »
I wear a old pair of air jordons and I think you guys are all whimps
Good one Trapper  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.