The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Night Fishing Milwaukee Area  (Read 1814 times)

Offline deerlaker

• IceShanty Rookie
Night Fishing Milwaukee Area
« on: Jan 03, 2017, 09:42 PM »
Hey guys, I have been a regular visitor to this page, but this is one of my first posts.  I am a college student at UW-Milwaukee and starting to transition my life from Northern WI to SE WI due to work and other reasons.  This is my first winter down here and love ice fishing.  Due to it being dark before and after work, there is not much time to get on any ice in the area during the week.  I know SE lakes are very clear, so I am wondering if there is a night bite?  Northern WI doesn't have a very prolific night bite due to dark/stained water.  Looking to target panfish.  Always looking for a buddy to tag a long as well! Willing to trade Northern WI fishing spots for SE spots.

Offline icebradMKE

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Night Fishing Milwaukee Area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2017, 01:19 AM »
I'd be interested - I just moved to the north side from Lake Country - so not even aware of where to fish down here once the ice does come.  Perhaps we could find something on a weekend as well.  I think there are some productive smaller lakes just south and west of Milw.  Feel free to e-mail me directly as I don't check this forum as often as I should.

Offline Uglymug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2017, 03:43 PM »
If you drive west a little bit you will run into Big and Little Cedar lakes, good fishing lakes if you know where to go (I don't).

In Hartford there is pike lake, which is very clear and I've had good luck summer and winter fishing there, but I'm not sure about the night bite.

North of Beaver Dam there is the Fox Lake, and I've had good luck after dark for crappies there even though it's not the clearest lake.

Offline deerlaker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2017, 08:29 PM »
Thank you both for getting back to me! I appreciate both of yours advice.  I am excited about trying new waters, but also a little nervous as I usually fish lakes with low fishing pressure and lots of "natural" lakes with not much development around, so fishing is definitely a little different. Definitely excited to put my fishing skills to the test!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2017, 09:04 AM »
If you drive west a little bit you will run into Big and Little Cedar lakes, good fishing lakes if you know where to go (I don't).

In Hartford there is pike lake, which is very clear and I've had good luck summer and winter fishing there, but I'm not sure about the night bite.

North of Beaver Dam there is the Fox Lake, and I've had good luck after dark for crappies there even though it's not the clearest lake.

BD was my Southern WI go to for years...then it died. Is there still the slot out there?

Offline wiguy85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 27, 2017, 07:27 AM »
BD hasn't been that hot in awhile.    can get stuff by hickory bay but I wouldn't say anything impressive.   fox and Emily seem to be the go to if around the area.

From the Hustisford/Horicon area so try to make it out there when I can or places like Rock Lake/Mudlake and closer to Milwaukee like Oconomowoc area.    I too work in Milwaukee and longer hours so I don't get a whole lot of time during the week and van pool to work but been looking at a few places around so if I know in advance, I drive myself in with gear and stop on the way home for a few hours.   So if you're around, we can figure spots out too.     Ive never had luck on pike but its always packed and I guess I haven't iced it in a long time, just always had bad luck with our boat on that lake....         another lake, a little distance so maybe a weekend lake, fries lake might be worth checking out.       I'd like to find some places around Milwaukee or a little south if need be to see if any worthwhile spots with nice pike running around

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.