Author Topic: Cooking supplies for permy.....  (Read 1652 times)

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
Cooking supplies for permy.....
« on: Jan 03, 2017, 07:52 AM »
Trying to put together a kit to keep in my permy for cooking and cleaning fish and whatever else we decide to bring.  What works for all you guys?  What are the must haves besides the obvious being knife stove and pan lol.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Cooking supplies for permy.....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2017, 11:52 AM »
 I don't fish in a permy but these have come in handy in my flip over outings .Dollar Store items.... Spices ...Cutting board ...silicon oven mitt...precut aluminum foil sheets.. butane lighter.. condiments.. the tin bread pans are great(as I use to lug a cast iron dutch oven and had to clean it at days end)  ...I like the soft taco shells no muss eatable plates for chilly or taco tuesdays. I use a lil one burner atop a propane canister ...so a small 5 inch cast iron pan fits the bill ...add some brats and beer ...let 'em cook... adding more beer between hook sets...till done as close to setting and forgetting as you can get .  Some plastic spatulas and ladle sets come in handy .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2017, 07:10 PM »
Thanks....Now if we'll ever get ice enough to get it out there this year......Pouring rain here right now....Then the lake effect machine is supposed to crank up.

Offline timr35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2017, 06:17 AM »
In my hut i keep a small tote with a few essentials .
I have a 10inch cast iron pan that we use on the wood stove for everything.
A small fillet board and knife, bbq utensils
a little oil, and spices,paper plates,plastic forks and red solos!
And if we are expecting lots of company i either take a coleman two burner stove or a small bbq.
I found a great idea on you tube that Im thinking of replicating,
heres the title to look at on youtube. "The Hook and Cook - portable wood stove"
This seems like it would be a lot of fun to have.

Offline NNYIceangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2017, 08:00 AM »
That thing looks pretty neat.  I already have a train behind my machine though with my flip over and an otter sled and sometimes a buddies otter sled too.....

Offline potatoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2017, 06:18 PM »
I bought a camping fork that can extend out, makes it easier to stab the food you are cooking. I think having a permanent shelter would be pretty cool and the stuff you caould bring would be endless but when we go camping the cast iron dutch oven can cook about anything you bring with you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.