Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2017  (Read 93106 times)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2017
« Reply #480 on: Mar 05, 2017, 02:51 PM »
What approximate time frame was this vid taken...early or late season?

Around Jan 20th....

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #481 on: Mar 05, 2017, 03:22 PM »
Just wondering what Guinea is using for a portable. Got a 2 man but it's getting too much to pull around. Looking for a single that's light and of decent quality. Any suggestions?

Eskimo quick flips run about 50 pounds and are of decent quality .Otter makes the best flip overs,not sure of the weight but I know they cost some !

Offline lawnguyjack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Masshole
« Reply #482 on: Mar 05, 2017, 09:22 PM »
Nice!
Seems like such a short time ago...
Amazing Jiggin
Newfound (Circus)

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #483 on: Mar 06, 2017, 07:24 PM »
Just wondering what Guinea is using for a portable. Got a 2 man but it's getting too much to pull around. Looking for a single that's light and of decent quality. Any suggestions?

It's a Shappell Rover 1.5 (I think it's meant to fit 1.5 people, but Ladybug and I have crammed ourselves in it lol). It weighs about 70 pounds empty, so I use my windbreak instead whenever possible.

I have nothing bad to say about the Shappell, but they do have a smaller model than mine. They are now the "FX series", and looking at the site, the FX100 weighs 37 pounds.  Is yours a flip? My favorite thing about having a flip is that is is so easy to set up/ tear down in the wind when you're alone. Someday I'd like to buy a small hub for when I have company since they are super light.
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #484 on: Mar 06, 2017, 07:56 PM »
It's a Shappell Rover 1.5 (I think it's meant to fit 1.5 people, but Ladybug and I have crammed ourselves in it lol). It weighs about 70 pounds empty, so I use my windbreak instead whenever possible.

I have nothing bad to say about the Shappell, but they do have a smaller model than mine. They are now the "FX series", and looking at the site, the FX100 weighs 37 pounds.  Is yours a flip? My favorite thing about having a flip is that is is so easy to set up/ tear down in the wind when you're alone. Someday I'd like to buy a small hub for when I have company since they are super light.
Thanks for the insight on the Shappell Flip Guinea. Good to know, 70 lbs empty, wow. Didnt realize they were that heavy, but i imagine it being pretty easy to just flip up whenever and wherever. How do they pull in the snow?
I had always thought I wanted to try one. But then i got an Eskimo Quickfish 3 hub and never turned back! So much room , 34 lbs and so easy to transport. I would recommend one all day long. I dont find it to be too tough in the wind to setup either(unless youre talkin 50 mph or something). Definitely was nice to have a shelter this past weekend.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #485 on: Mar 06, 2017, 09:10 PM »
I was looking forward to the get together again, having attended and met a few of the great, Newfound Circus folks last year but this year I cannot attend.
I say this regretfully, as I have met more of you this year and to miss out on the event this year will I miss my chance to say one more hello to the wonderful people I have met already and also to meet people I haven't met yet.
Jiggin, CH, Laker Taker, Dragin, ZZ, Ashia, OutdoorsLife, Lawnguyjack, are folks I enjoyed taking part in the Circus with and I was in close proximity to others out there north of Mayhew but didn't get the opportunity to say hi in person.
I was looking forward to meeting many more but it won't be in the cards this year...I have a painful condition with my foot and I decided to get it surgically, fixed on the 16th of this month...I have to stay off the foot for the first week then there's a 6-8 week healing period. I chose to do it soon to get it over with before the spring fishing/boating season starts. Hopefully, things will work out and I'll be good as new by then!
I will, however, be buying tickets for the great prizes being drawn as well as the beautiful shack donated by NFS so I'll be there in spirit!
Thanks for a fun, learning, season out there! I truly look forward to next year (with a bigger bob house) and more good times.
I have to acknowledge one person and thank him for his selfless generousity, and for all he does to keep THE CIRCUS humming like clock work...Jiggin...you are one in a million! Thank you!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #486 on: Mar 07, 2017, 11:24 AM »
I have to acknowledge one person and thank him for his selfless generousity, and for all he does to keep THE CIRCUS humming like clock work...Jiggin...you are one in a million! Thank you!

Thank you very much Mowbizz however i can't take the credit. It is truely a Circus effort that keeps this rolling along each year like it should. There are so many folks (you included) that are a part of the overall Newfound Circus and each one of us brings something special to our table. Everyone contributes in their own way from being friendly to being helpful to looking out for one another etc. This is something that i am very proud to be a small part of.

Each year we continue to grow in numbers so i feel strongly we are doing the right thing on Newfound.

United we stand, divided we fall. I believe in that.

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #487 on: Mar 07, 2017, 12:41 PM »
Nice forum Mike, just found this site nice Drone aerial views
Lee

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #488 on: Mar 07, 2017, 03:22 PM »
Thank you very much Mowbizz however i can't take the credit. It is truely a Circus effort that keeps this rolling along each year like it should. There are so many folks (you included) that are a part of the overall Newfound Circus and each one of us brings something special to our table. Everyone contributes in their own way from being friendly to being helpful to looking out for one another etc. This is something that i am very proud to be a small part of.

Each year we continue to grow in numbers so i feel strongly we are doing the right thing on Newfound.

United we stand, divided we fall. I believe in that.

Amen!

Offline oldspud

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #489 on: Mar 07, 2017, 05:01 PM »
Thanks for the reply Guinea. I've got a Frabill Guardian 2 man. Nice to fish out of but I've got all I can do to get it in the back of my truck by myself. I looked at that shappell. At 37 lbs I think thats the route I'll take next year. Looks like its over for this year.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #490 on: Mar 07, 2017, 07:47 PM »

Is the Circus still Open for business... I was thinking of taking a ride up tomorrow and I am trying to decide between Newfound and Winni...

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #491 on: Mar 08, 2017, 01:22 PM »
It's a Shappell Rover 1.5 (I think it's meant to fit 1.5 people, but Ladybug and I have crammed ourselves in it lol).

1.5 people? The State told me I'm not allowed to cut them in half anymore so how is that gonna work?
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #492 on: Mar 08, 2017, 01:42 PM »
1.5 people? The State told me I'm not allowed to cut them in half anymore so how is that gonna work?

Just stuff half down the hole - top half or bottom half, your choice!!!  ;)
fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #493 on: Mar 09, 2017, 11:20 AM »
Episode 11

Enjoy in HD

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #494 on: Mar 09, 2017, 11:45 AM »
Episode 11

Enjoy in HD

Awesome stuff!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #495 on: Mar 09, 2017, 01:36 PM »
Episode 11

Enjoy in HD

I remember that day. We had advance notice (5.5) that the drone was flying. When we heard that we expected an imminent fly by and went to full shields. Good to know they still work. Never underestimate the power of The Dark Side.
Great footage as always.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #496 on: Mar 09, 2017, 02:02 PM »
Good tunes in that one, Jiggin!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #497 on: Mar 09, 2017, 07:55 PM »

:roflmao: I guess if they're watching you, you'd better get the 2.0 or 1.0. I'm not on their radar.  ;)
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #498 on: Mar 11, 2017, 04:01 AM »
Another good video! :) I didn't realize you could cull lakers in NH. ;D

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #499 on: Mar 11, 2017, 10:52 AM »
Good tunes in that one, Jiggin!
X2
J.Geils.. Wow  that brings back memories
How far will the signal on your drone carry??
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #500 on: Mar 11, 2017, 11:23 AM »
How far will the signal on your drone carry??

Says 4.5 miles out.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #501 on: Mar 11, 2017, 01:00 PM »
Dragin, if you see this please check your PM's

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #502 on: Mar 11, 2017, 03:57 PM »
Says 4.5 miles out.

Unless headed to The Dark Side.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #503 on: Mar 11, 2017, 08:28 PM »
Unless headed to The Dark Side.

True dat. I tried twice and it was sent back....weird.  :unsure:

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #504 on: Mar 12, 2017, 08:46 AM »
True dat. I tried twice and it was sent back....weird.  :unsure:

This might explain the Dark Side and your drone problems. "Once your gone, you can't come back. When your out of the blue and into the black."
Johnny Rotten    >:D

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #505 on: Mar 12, 2017, 10:26 AM »
This might explain the Dark Side and your drone problems. "Once your gone, you can't come back. When your out of the blue and into the black."
Johnny Rotten    >:D

Thanks Capt.  :clap:
Did a little reminiscing over that classic!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #506 on: Mar 13, 2017, 02:55 PM »
Thanks Capt.  :clap:
Did a little reminiscing over that classic!

Your more than welcome CD and no extra charge for the flashback.   ;)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #507 on: Mar 14, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Episode 12 watch in HD

CH kicking me and her brothers butt in a fish off. Wont do that again. :(

Offline Fishermanx

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #508 on: Mar 14, 2017, 12:03 PM »
   I've Ben fish' @ newfound qwite often I haven't seen a sole houses r all on the side
Of the lake no 1's seems 2 B fish' it has Ben very cold the past 2 weekends
Haven't seen many since the rotory derby.  25/ 30 inchs of ice no fisherman or fisherlady's
🐟🎣❄️.         

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #509 on: Mar 14, 2017, 12:46 PM »
Episode 12 watch in HD

CH kicking me and her brothers butt in a fish off. Wont do that again. :(

Wow! No Lakers are safe from her!
Thanks for the video lesson.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.