Author Topic: Frye Lake  (Read 3968 times)

Offline DonyBoy

• IceShanty Rookie
Frye Lake
« on: Dec 30, 2016, 09:52 PM »
Fished Frye today 10 inches ice good morning bite Bluegill and Perch for supper Bass were released to swim another day.

Offline DannyBoy09

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Frye Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2016, 08:50 AM »
 Donyboy, I see this is your first post. Welcome to the site..I hope down the road you don't post where you catch all your fish. The next time you go back there will be hundreds of fisherman on your spot. Hope you remember that.

DannyBoy 009

Offline big44

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2016, 09:25 AM »
Thanks for the report, everybody in the state knows Frye is a lake to fish. It is listed several time in the Nebraska fishing forecast, how else would people from Omaha be there.
It is like all lakes some days you might get supper if your lucky.

Offline Fryinpan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2017, 11:16 AM »
Welcome Dony Boy!!
Agree with Big44!
Nebraska provides lots of public information.  Not many secrets out there unless its private property.
Sand Hills are great fun and should be enjoyed responsibly. 
Resonable catch numbers and selective harvest should be taught, learned and practiced.
Catch and release was not popular years ago.   
Tight lines every one.  :tipup:

Offline Shaun7HL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2017, 12:38 AM »
Welcome Dony Boy!

By the way how deep were u fishing? Lol

Just kidding you will have fun on the shanty and learn a lot !
#Marcum #OtterOutdoors #Frabill #StrikeMaster #TrapperTackle #Brasky

Offline DonyBoy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2017, 09:26 PM »
Thanks for the welcome Fryinpan and Shaun7HL. Plan on being around Ice Shanty might learn something. Tight lines.

Offline IceGunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Thanks for posting. I am 2 1/2 hours from frye and rarely hit it on the ice. As a kid, 45years ago it was a favorite family lake. I have very fond memories of dad, mom and 3 brothers drifting in a rowboat. Crappie rigs tipped with crawler and a 1/2 oz bell sinker.  In the day, with no panfish limits, we raped that lake by today's standards  Ate them all and wasted none.  Ate a ton of perch eggs fried in butter over a Coleman stove out of a cast iron frying pan.  Any post on frye brings back a swell of memories. The good old days. And if we hadn't kept them all, those days would still be with us.  Maybe
In God We Trust

Offline Fred Z

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2017, 08:14 AM »
We want to take some kids there Saturday and have never fished it before . Any tips or cautions ?
I fish with a bunch of Ice Holes !

Offline Sandbilly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2017, 08:47 AM »
Plenty of small perch to keep kids busy all day. Larger pan fish seem to be more active during low light periods.

1-15-2017. There was a small area of white ice about 1/3 the way east down the lake on the north side that had 9 inches of ice when everything else averaged 12-15". Looks like a spring hole iced over when it snowed. It was solid ice on Sunday but I would not walk on it now with this warm up. Edges are probably getting a little sloppy but everything should be holding.

Good luck.

dc 

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep & bear arms.Assume nothing.Fish & hunt often!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 02, 2017, 08:04 AM »
Does anyone have any ice condition info on Frye recently. We want to try it but have heard that the ice is getting iffy and don't want to drive up there and not be able to fish. Thanks

Offline Scotty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2017, 08:26 AM »
I haven't heard about the ice but am really familiar with Frye. I can't imagine that it's not fishable still, obviously be careful.

Offline officeryan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2017, 01:22 PM »
Talked to a guy that went yesterday. I've is good 10-12".

Offline medic76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:03 PM »
We fished it Tuesday and the ice is about 10"-11" with some snow on top. It was really slow and not many keeper fish all of the pressure its seen over the last two years is starting to show, good luck.

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 02, 2017, 09:23 PM »
OK,  Thanks for the info.   ;)

Offline IceHutt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 04, 2017, 09:27 PM »
3 of us fished Frye from 7:00 AM to 4:00 today (Saturday 2-4-17)  Fished in 6 different locations around the lake.  Bite was extremely SLOOOOOOOW !  :-\  Perch were very good shape and of decent size.  Ice was 9 to 12" and solid.  Top was getting very wet and snow almost all melted when we left.    Don't know how long the ice will hold up with the upcoming monsoon in the forecast.  Be safe !  Happy Trails !  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.