Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Rice Lake/ Silver Lake (Worth Co.)  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Dwedemeier

• IceShanty Rookie
Rice Lake/ Silver Lake (Worth Co.)
« on: Dec 29, 2016, 11:24 AM »
Any information on either Rice Lake or Silver Like in Worth Co? Haven't heard much from them yet this year and the DNR fishing report is never anything to go from. Just wondering if its worth the drive this weekend.

Offline Hawkeyewalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Rice Lake/ Silver Lake (Worth Co.)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2016, 11:31 AM »
I was out there on 12/17. Ice was 6-8 inches. Fishing was slow, although it was 30 mph wind so I didn't move around as much as I should have. The slow fishing seemed fine by the warmth of my propane heater...DNR says 6-10 inches as of Tuesday I believe. This probably doesn't help much, but I'm guessing the action will pick up some with the warmer weather and the light getting through the ice now

Offline cbducks78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2016, 01:39 PM »
Problem with Rice lake is it is actually too clear, yes that's right, a lake in Iowa is too clear.  Fishing is way slow during day, have to approach it by night.  Silver has a ton of finger length large mouth bass and small gills as from what I could find. 

Offline sbuenzow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Both have been real slow as of late. Only 5" gills today at Silver and haven't had much luck at Rice either, just a few small perch and a few dinky bass.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.