Author Topic: Eskimo Wide One  (Read 1566 times)

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eskimo Wide One
« on: Dec 26, 2016, 03:48 PM »
Love mine and have been watching videos of how to modify it. Has anybody used the PVC pipe method of keeping the front spread apart. Looks easy enough to do but haven't seen any dimensions of the lengths to cut the pipe. 1 long pc and 2 short pcs per side. If anyone has done this and can post measurements, that would save some trial and error. Thanks!
Don't fall in. Unless it's a big one.

Offline Johnsonarcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eskimo Wide One
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2017, 01:05 PM »
I just bought one myself as well.

I thought about making something similar to the pvc idea but using the flexible driveway markers. I was wondering if I could put a bracket on the bottom and they would be stiff enough to not need anything on the top.

Offline Incognito

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice... must find Ice.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2017, 02:19 PM »
I was going to build some extra roof supports for my bayrunner to lift the top up using these: 

Thanks for the idea Johnsonarcher... I'll try those flexible driveway markers. 

Inc

Official Iron-Man / Ice Geek / Ice Shirt of the MIRC
aka - Carnage-meister

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2017, 02:36 PM »
I just bought one myself as well.

I thought about making something similar to the pvc idea but using the flexible driveway markers. I was wondering if I could put a bracket on the bottom and they would be stiff enough to not need anything on the top.

That's what I did I bolted a piece of wood onto the flip over rail that I can fold up to hold the sides out.

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2017, 12:49 PM »
Can you guys post pics of what you came up with?
Don't fall in. Unless it's a big one.

Offline northshoremb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2017, 05:06 AM »
The video you guys have seen on YouTube was from my modification when I owned a wide one. Unfortunately  I sold it few years ago so don't have the dimensions of the PVC parts I used.  I just did trial runs and cut and angled where needed and that's what I came up with. Made a big difference in width especially in the wind and using a buddy heater

Offline northshoremb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Here is the video of what I did if you haven't seen it. Sorry for the crappy  lighting.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 26, 2017, 06:09 AM »
Very cool! I have a clam bigmouth and had the same problem, I'll see if I can make something like this for mine. Never even thought of it but almost had the side blow into my heater last time I was out and this might just be the ticket. Thankyou very much, it was a great video, lighting, one armed bandit and all, lol!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.