Author Topic: Striker ice suits?  (Read 8229 times)

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
Re: Striker ice suits?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 27, 2016, 04:57 AM »
Just purchased the striker  predator bibs and jacket. Hope I never have to float in them. I just wanted a well made suit that Would hold up for along time. And keep me warm too. From all the reports I have read I think it was a good long term investment..
.           If just used for ice fishing, it will last many years!  I hear of guys cutting wood ect, while that's not what they were made for, it's their money , have at it!!

Offline eyeball15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 27, 2016, 11:23 AM »
.           If just used for ice fishing, it will last many years!  I hear of guys cutting wood ect, while that's not what they were made for, it's their money , have at it!!

Ya I will just be using it for the ice, when the ice is little thicker will wear it on snowmobile ride out.. Can't wait😄😄😃

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #32 on: Dec 27, 2016, 12:31 PM »
Ya I will just be using it for the ice, when the ice is little thicker will wear it on snowmobile ride out.. Can't wait😄😄😃
you might want to check out the lake effect version. it is meant for snow machine use. it uses snaps on the storm flaps for example.
i believe it has less flotation tho, so you need to figure out whats most important from their line up for your needs.

the hardwater is the most durable and that's why i bought it and 2nd warmest of their line up.

Offline eyeball15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 27, 2016, 02:52 PM »
you might want to check out the lake effect version. it is meant for snow machine use. it uses snaps on the storm flaps for example.
i believe it has less flotation tho, so you need to figure out whats most important from their line up for your needs.

the hardwater is the most durable and that's why i bought it and 2nd warmest of their line up.
[/quote
I don't plan on using my predator bibs or jacket for snowmobiling, just the short trip on snowmobile from shore to fishing spot.. I bought it to stay warm while ice fishing, and the hopes it will last for many of years. It was a costly investment 430 dollars. But you can't put  a price on Safty and comfort. Thanks for all of the input.. Be safe and stay warm😃😃

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:04 PM »
Going on my 3rd year with the hardwater. I like it a lot. Use it for fishing, snowblowing, snowshoeing, snowmobile, just about any winter activity. Yea they are bulky, warm and keep me afloat for a couple hours. Makes it easier to find the body. Figure they'll last 10+ years, small price for the comfort.
It must be something in the water.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:25 PM »
I have the Hardwater bibs and have not had any issues with them.  Before I bought the bibs I checked out my friend's AA suit and I wasn't impressed and after I got my bibs I compared them side by side and was even less impressed with the AA suit.  The Hardwater bibs were obviously designed for ice fishermen especially with the little details such as where the pockets are and the snap on hand towels where as the AA suit seems like a snow suit.  Another major thing against AA with me is the lousy at best customer service the I've heard about many many times on here, if a company doesn't care to stand by their stuff and customers I certainly won't spend my money on their products.   

Offline gibbosus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 28, 2016, 05:21 PM »
Purchased the Striker Ice Womens Prism Bibs for my wife and she absolutely loves the style and the adjustable inseams.  Due to marginal safe ice so far, she has only used them once but was satisfied with how handy and useful the ladies style is on this particular bib. While happy wife may mean happy life; warm wife means more time on the ice...

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 28, 2016, 05:30 PM »
I bought the predator bibs and jacket, only tried it once, but very warm, a little stiff but I'm sure it will loosen up, wasn't uncomfortable or anything. Major upgrade from what I had before...and it's well made! :tipup:

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Good Luck getting someone to answer their phone at striker ice .
took 3 months to get response on transporter rod bag last year , which is awesome bag but i never did get response from factory after 4 calls - 3 messages in the off season!

NOW . i have a striker suit that a tooth came off the zipper and periodically comes unzipped . purchased at the Kabeles ice show in spirit lake - AWESOME people and Tanya has been trying to help me out with service .
I called over a week ago and happened to get someone to answer and he gave me a RA # and said send it in and they'll ship out new set - But  they didnt have in stock and will not be getting any more t until late 17  !!!! so i said i would take the next step up higher cost - predator to hardwater bibs and id pay the difference .
gentleman that i originally talked with said some one would call me when they received which they did , shipped mon they received on wen received by Melony  NO call.

Now my Parka  pocket ripped putting a cell phone in . man this is frustrating probably will have local seamstress sew and call it good .
Unfortunately ALL of striker stuff comes from over seas and when they are OUT OF STOCK they are out .
They are warm and made fairly decent but GOOD Luck getting answer from factory on service .
So Frustrating .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.