Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1348 times)

Offline csteele7

• IceShanty Rookie
Greetings
« on: Dec 22, 2016, 08:11 PM »
Greetings all! I'm a newbie veteran, or veteran newbie depending on how you look at it.  Been in SE Nebraska for my whole 33 years of life, moved north his year.  I am used to small reservoirs...and I have some learning to do about natural sloughs and lakes.  Target species are different for me now as well: was bluegill and crappie, now perch and walleye.  With a 3- and 5-year old usually tagging along, things are getting interesting.  Where I came from, putting kids on as many 6-7 inch bluegill as you wish was never a problem in the small flood-impoundment reservoirs I am used to.  So far this year, any fish are tough to come by and the snacks are just running out way too quickly.  Also worth mentioning that Ive taken some "time away" from the hard water for the last 5 years because, 1-it became harder to come by, and 2-kids came along.  I'm looking forward to the SD fishing experience.

Offline helimpd124

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2016, 01:00 PM »
Where abouts did you move?

Offline EyeDoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eyes by day, Eyes by night.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2017, 02:49 PM »
^^ Sioux Falls^^. Tag along with us in a couple weeks, Mr. Steele and we will show you around the southern glacial lakes. Worth mentioning...I have fished with this guy multiple times and he comes from a great family....I married in to it. Ha. His kids are great. Help him out fellas. :)

Offline tornadochaser60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2017, 08:14 AM »
If your looking for a lake just to take the kids out and get some action, look to Alvin near Harrisburg.  Lots of throwback sized crappies and gills.

Offline eagleblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Going where the Eagles Fly.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2017, 02:27 PM »
Anyone else from sipux falls looking to go out sometime soon. I hate going by myself. Lookingto tag along, and make new ice fishing friends. I have not gone fishing in two years. Hoping to get back into it
If Jesus can walk on water than so can I!

Offline tornadochaser60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2017, 03:19 PM »
Anyone else from sipux falls looking to go out sometime soon. I hate going by myself. Lookingto tag along, and make new ice fishing friends. I have not gone fishing in two years. Hoping to get back into it

what gear do you have?  can you take afternoons off during the week?

Offline eagleblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2017, 03:30 PM »
I'm off fridays. And saturdays.

Offline eagleblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2017, 03:40 PM »

I pm you about info buddy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.