Author Topic: Frabill Bro 2xman Flip  (Read 1427 times)

Offline kmeyer

• IceShanty Rookie
Frabill Bro 2xman Flip
« on: Dec 22, 2016, 03:53 PM »
Anyone using this? Opinions on it?

http://www.frabill.com/ice-fishing/ice-shelters/bro-flip-over.html

I looked at it closely today at a local store that's carrying it.  It looks really awesome, but appears to have 6 support poles (4 on the top and 2 on the back wall) that need to be removed every time it folds down. I'm in the market for a shelter, but want to be able to jump around. Is it kind of a hassle compared to a normal front door flip? At 90 lbs it should be easy to drag for early in the year before I drive my truck out.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Frabill Bro 2xman Flip
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2016, 08:57 AM »
I had a 2 man flip over that weighed 70 pounds.  Don't forget the 40 or 50 pounds of gear your going to add to it.  It all adds up.  I fish alone most of the time, but the extra room was great.  I sold that one and got a Frabill Commando 1 man flip over.  It only weighs something like 40 pounds and I like it a lot.  Fits my style of fishing better then the bigger sled.  Good luck in your search.

Offline kmeyer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2016, 10:45 AM »
Thanks Blueduck! I know what you mean about added gear weight. As with probably most guys, the solo shelter would be perfect for 70% of my fishing.  It's that 30% you have a tag along that the two man would be nice. Mid season I will have my truck out there so the heavier sled would be ok, but early and late season I would be pulling by hand. I'm sure that's when I would wish to have a 1xman.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2016, 12:03 PM »
Thats always the trade off.  On nice clear ice it dosen't make too much difference.  When your draggin it through a foot of snow it makes a big difference.

Offline TheStretch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2017, 11:04 AM »
I've been wondering the same. I'm between the bro (side door) and the Aegis 2250 (front door). I like the idea of a side door, but don't want to add lots of time and steps to flip it over while hole hopping. Anyone know the difference in time and effort to flip these over?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.