Author Topic: Frabill has the best customer service on the planet  (Read 2499 times)

Offline PerchRapala

• IceShanty Rookie
Frabill has the best customer service on the planet
« on: Dec 21, 2016, 04:56 PM »
Took my new Predator 4255 out last weekend. It was -24 one day, and one of my windows cracked. I shouldn't have had it it, I know better, but I forgot. Also, 2 of the spreader poles had the black grommet fall out.

I called Frabill, and they are sending out an ENTIRE window kit and an ENTIRE spreader pole kit free of charge. I told the rep great, I was going on a trip next week, and he said he'd rush the order down to shipping before 5 (it was 4:45 when I called) so it went out yet tonight.

I couldn't believe it, sitting here in amazement at what just happened.  ;D

Offline conservationist

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Frabill has the best customer service on the planet
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2016, 06:54 PM »
Sounds like you're getting a GREAT customer service experience!
I have a hole in my (barely used) Clam pop-up. The poles punched through one of the corners when I was opening it in normal conditions. I was bummed. I contacted Clam and asked if there was anything they could do to help me get it back on the ice, and the guy on the phone seemed like he wanted to help. Said to take pics and email them in...
I haven't gotten it out because of the cold, and work, but I'll see after Christmas how this works out.
I'm thinking of getting a flip-over this year. Since they seem to treat their customers so well, I'll be going with a Frabill Recon(?) if Clam doesn't help me out with this 'extra-ventilated' pop-up... ;)

Anyone have any experience with poles punching through the corners of the Clam pop-ups, and asking Clam to help?
Tight lines!

Marty

Offline OneMoreFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2016, 07:25 PM »
Eskimo has great customer service as well! I bought an Evo 2 last year right when they first came out. First time I took it out the hubs wore a hole in the canvas. Was not impressed at all, so I contacted Eskimo. Explained the situation and told them I would like to return it for just a quick flip 2. The lady was super helpful and even threw in a free cover. After I recieved the new shanty I contacted her again to see about shipping the Evo back. She told me she was sorry that I was unhappy with their product and folr the inconvience I could keep it. Free Shanty  ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2016, 07:48 PM »
Always nice to hear about the "Good Guys"  :thumbsup:

WS

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2016, 09:06 PM »
They sure do got a whole new shanty cause a pole broke on mine shipped free of charge .. I got to keep the old one for spare parts .. best customer service on the planet..

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2016, 09:19 PM »
I had something similar happen, 2 of the windows cracked on a really cold day on my frabill refuge. I wrote an email asking about replacements and also inquired about a patch for a small tear that the support poles caused when I folded it up wrong. I made it clear that the shack was at least 4 years old and I had bought it second hand, but they sent a couple windows and some scrap material so I could patch it, no charge.

Can't ask for better service.

Offline Todd776

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2017, 06:17 PM »
I bought a used Frabill Thermal Headquarters shelter a few weeks ago.  The seller clearly showed me 2 of the fiberglass poles were broken.  I looked around locally and also on the web looking for simple replacement options.  Finally I called Frabill customer service,  told them my situation & to my amazement they said they would send out new poles at no charge!  7 days later I received new poles  (including an extra one I didn't ask for).  Thanks again Frabill for taking care of your core customers!

Offline rbobby

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2017, 06:23 PM »
They are top notch glad to see that hasn't changed.

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2017, 07:15 PM »
Reading these really makes me glad that I went with the Frabill predator pop over. It is good to know I will have the support should anything happen to it. Just wish there was ice to take it out.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.