Author Topic: Insulating flip over shanty  (Read 3446 times)

Offline 3274mike

• IceShanty Rookie
Insulating flip over shanty
« on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:10 AM »
This has probably  covered but like a lot of guys I have a perfectly good flishanty non insulated , I  do heating and cooling and we use a insulation to wrap duct in that is flexible shiny bubble wrap looking insulation. Wonder n thoughts of putting a layer on top between tent material and support bars if this wood help. It would be reflective and keep heat from going up the top. Also make it brighter  inside usually use a later fr light and heat. If too bright I could sew a black sheat to insulation. Just would like some opinions on this. Never been real cold in shanty but don't relly want to buy another when there is nothing wrong with one I have  clam big mouth. Thanks for any input

Offline 3274mike

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Insulating flip over shanty
« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2016, 05:18 PM »
Thank you

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2016, 05:49 PM »
Mike,
       Check out "Reflectix" at Home Depot.    ;)2

http://www.homedepot.com/s/reflectix?NCNI-5

Offline wolverine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I ain't gettin em I'm Lookin
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2016, 08:27 PM »
I have reflectix on the ceiling of my Clam fishtrap installed the same way you mentioned and couldn't be happier. Keeps it warmer and stops the condensation from dripping on me. Never had a problem with the light reflection, would definitely do it again in fact am adding it to a Clam Nanook before I take it out with the wife. Try it the worst that can happen is you take it out but I doubt it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.