Author Topic: Pistakee tomorrow  (Read 1657 times)

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pistakee tomorrow
« on: Dec 18, 2016, 05:20 PM »
Would anybody be down to fish Pistakee tomorrow? Was thinking of heading up there. I have a shanty, etc just no heater. Called the bait shops up there and they said a solid 3 or more inches of ice. Let me know!

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Pistakee tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2016, 06:37 PM »
See you Wednesday for the party on Poo Poo Bay day bite for gills-n-perch, night bite for crappie. WOO HOO on the ice in December  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline FourSeasonAngler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:33 AM »
Where is everyone getting on the ice for Pistakee Bay?

I thought I heard last year that there is no parking alongside the road there and people were getting ticketed/towed.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2016, 10:30 AM »
You can park at Oak Park Lounge. $5

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2016, 09:36 PM »
There is still parking by the bridge on Big Hallow rd. you just cant park where the shoulder is narrow or anywhere in the cul-de-sac.  Do Not Cut through the yards or the police will be called >:( >:(- you must access the lake from the edge of the bridge where it meats solid ground.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2016, 10:37 PM »
Well was going to go up on Thursday but guess I'll be up at oak park in the morning to see if I can find some crappie
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2016, 12:18 AM »
Stop by and say hey toadhunter! I will be in a black jacket and camo bibs, cantgetenough will be there too

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2016, 04:54 AM »
Yep will do getting ready to head out now
early mornings,cold north winds,hard ice,good friends and cold high life..FLAG UP!.priceless

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2016, 09:15 AM »
you guys should provide live updates from the ice.. as I sit here at my desk at work  >:( >:( >:(
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2016, 08:01 AM »
Had a great time out on the ice. It was approx. 5 inches with 2 inches of white crust.  A lot of folks out for a weekday. Several hours of non stop action with crappies and white bass. Most were little but ended the evening with 11 crappie all 9.5 to 12 inches and 7 white bass 10-15 inches. Had some home made banana nut bread and hot potato soup. Will head back up next week weather and ice permitting. :tipup:

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2016, 08:04 AM »
How long were you out there?
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2016, 09:35 AM »
I second the small crappie did keep 6 12" crappie and one 15.5" walleye had 3 short walleyes and a crap load of catfish,white bass and drum fished from 7-4 and ya there were a lot of people for a Wednesday

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2016, 08:43 PM »
We where out from 11 am till 8 pm nice long day on the ice. :tipup:

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2016, 04:37 PM »
I second the small crappie did keep 6 12" crappie and one 15.5" walleye had 3 short walleyes and a crap load of catfish,white bass and drum fished from 7-4 and ya there were a lot of people for a Wednesday

What did you get the 'eye on? was it later in the day? nice job!

Had a great time out on the ice. It was approx. 5 inches with 2 inches of white crust.  A lot of folks out for a weekday. Several hours of non stop action with crappies and white bass. Most were little but ended the evening with 11 crappie all 9.5 to 12 inches and 7 white bass 10-15 inches. Had some home made banana nut bread and hot potato soup. Will head back up next week weather and ice permitting. :tipup:

Woah Woah Woah, you made no mention of home made banana bread! haha

Offline toadhunter2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2016, 07:25 PM »
Everything came on a 16mm fiska jig

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2016, 03:06 PM »
Called Jim's Bait Shop, he was given reports of 5 inches on Pistakee. He did say that he would stick to the south end where there is less current. More towards Oak Park. I think I will be headed there tomorrow. High of 26 today in Fox Lake, with a low of 22. Should help solidify the shoreline.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.