New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Great sacandaga is finally frozen!  (Read 26956 times)

Offline VDueslerIV

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FILL THE STRINGER!!!!
Re: Great sacandaga is finally frozen!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 26, 2016, 08:36 PM »
Got out today and landed 14! Keeper walleye :) :tipup: ???..ranging from 15 1/2 to 22". Great morning, then got real slow..then heated back up around 4ish. Also landed a 38 & 42" Pike. Real Great Day on the great sacandaga.
“Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a shanty, jig and drink beer all day. ”

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2016, 08:41 PM »
 Good stuff! Congrats!!! :thumbsup:

Offline RaCKaHoLIC518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 26, 2016, 09:48 PM »
Just put the perm out by vanderbergs today. Solid 8 inches.

How much does it weigh?

Offline basshunter12748

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 26, 2016, 10:48 PM »
how deep do you guys ususally set up on sacandaga.  I fish toga alot and usually setup in 9-14 FOW on the weedlines but i know sacandaga doesnt have much for weeds?  any luck shallow like 5 FOW or do you fish closer to the breaks?

Offline ddiamond

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:18 AM »
How much does it weigh?

Weighs about 700lbs.

And bass hunter, I'm currently set up on a break that is 15fow to 2fow. Have good luck here every year.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:29 AM »
Can you park at wallys or the beach or do you have to come in from the state launch. I keep a boat in that bay during the summer. I catch eyes off the dock all the time

Offline ddiamond

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:30 AM »
Can you park at wallys or the beach or do you have to come in from the state launch. I keep a boat in that bay during the summer. I catch eyes off the dock all the time

Pretty sure you can park at wallys 

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:37 AM »
Nice  :tipup:

Offline Website2907

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 27, 2016, 10:02 AM »
 Posting 2

Offline ddiamond

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 27, 2016, 10:16 AM »
Posting 2

Always helps if you put a location in you profile.  ;D

Offline njmar75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 27, 2016, 10:52 AM »
Thx full throttle...what town is that motel?

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 27, 2016, 11:01 AM »
Pretty sure you can park at wallys

Yup. No problem there. And to pay Wally's back, stop in for a beverage of your choosing.

Offline ddiamond

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Dec 27, 2016, 11:04 AM »
Yup. No problem there. And to pay Wally's back, stop in for a beverage of your choosing.

Hey stranger it's darren. Had to make a new profile, forgot all my old info. Anyways moved to sacandaga and got the perm out. Have to get together soon. Send me a message and we will catch up

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 27, 2016, 02:32 PM »
It's called  the flipp inn and it's in northville , it's near sportisland pub . It's just before the northville bridge going north , if you google it you can find all the info

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Dec 27, 2016, 03:05 PM »
Shooting down a drone or knocking it out of the air is a crime and people can take legal action . And it's hard to say you didn't do it when your on camera. I see them all the time on the lake . I don't see what the big deal is. People can fly them around the lake all they want . Maybe you set up in his landing zone lol . Welcome to America, land. Of the free !

Offline ddiamond

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 27, 2016, 04:49 PM »
Hopefully this warm and rainy weather doesn't screw the ice up to bad.  ??? ???

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:08 PM »
Forgot to mention...to the person in Northville flying his/her drone over me and my set.... F off.  The next time a drone hovers 5 feet over my shanty, I will clip it's wings so to speak....

Just checking to see what kind of tip-up you use....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:22 PM »
Shooting down a drone or knocking it out of the air is a crime and people can take legal action . And it's hard to say you didn't do it when your on camera. I see them all the time on the lake . I don't see what the big deal is. People can fly them around the lake all they want . Maybe you set up in his landing zone lol . Welcome to America, land. Of the free !

Your free to do alot of things that could result in confrontation, most people dont out of RESPECT. If someone hovers a drone overy shanty they will get a hand gesture suggesting they go away, next action the drones in my sled.  Theres no reason to fly a drone close to someone who your not out with. They have as much right to fly it as i do to not have it flown around me.

Back to fishing. I fished out of sport islan on christmas eve. Went out in front of what looks like some new appartment buildings and fished that hole on navionics and anither break further up the shoreline. I got cut off twice and caught a 6 inch perch. They were the only thre marks for the day and my buddy got a 16inch eye. All this action at our first two holes and in the first half hour of the day then nothing. Just dont know this lake or have a lifetime to waste trying to learn it.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #48 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:43 PM »
Shooting down a drone or knocking it out of the air is a crime and people can take legal action . And it's hard to say you didn't do it when your on camera.

Fisherman harrassment is also against the law.

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #49 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:43 PM »
I'm working on a tip up to drone Missile,the flag goes up once the drone is down. I agree Lowa If its in my arms reach its to close,not to say I would wreck it,but fearing for ones life gives you the right to protect your self.you never know whats mounted to a drone. Now not only do we bring electronics to find fish under the ice, I have to buy a radar unit with a signal jamming unit LOL

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:43 PM »
A couple could be moved about 5/6 feet and the bait would be over a stump with some of my jigs on it...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #51 on: Dec 27, 2016, 05:45 PM »
H2L Are you giving away spots??  lol

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Dec 27, 2016, 06:05 PM »
Maybe we will see you guys crying on your tube under the drone lol  you should get a " no fly zone " sticker for the top of your shanty so it doesn't get damaged by the dangerous  drone props .

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 27, 2016, 06:19 PM »
Or maybe you found your drone culprit....

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Dec 27, 2016, 06:47 PM »
lol it wasn't me but I have a good idea who it is. He posts videos all the time of the lake they are pretty cool. He takes pictures of our boats on the lake for us  ;D

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 27, 2016, 07:35 PM »
H2L Are you giving away spots??  lol

I have been known to give up a few, but only to guys that can catch fish....lol...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Dec 27, 2016, 08:39 PM »
I am planning on trying  to fish the Sacandaga a bit this year, and was wondering if anybody on here uses navionics. I am wondering how much you have to adjust for the lake being drained down in the winter. I want to try and find some spots to target before heading out thanks.

Offline Tanimal85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:05 PM »
I am planning on trying  to fish the Sacandaga a bit this year, and was wondering if anybody on here uses navionics. I am wondering how much you have to adjust for the lake being drained down in the winter. I want to try and find some spots to target before heading out thanks.

I use Navionics pretty regularly for fishing GSL and other lakes.  It definitely helps identify areas that may hold fish, but it's tough sometimes when they drop the water levels.  I usually find a spot on Navionics that looks promising and drill a hole and check the water depth.  If it's too shallow for the species I'm targeting I usually just move around that area until I find the depth I'm looking for.  It's worked fairly well for me in the past as I went from catching maybe 1 or 2 fish every couple trips and getting skunked a lot, to catching at least 1-2 fish per trip and occasionally hauling double digits on good days.  I primarily tip up fish so I'm sure if I was jigging those numbers would be a lot higher.  It at least gives you an idea of where to start looking for fish so you're not just out there relying on dumb luck.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day.  Teach a man to ice fish and he'll sit on the ice and drink beer all weekend.

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:21 PM »
Went out of the state park by the Northville bridge tonight. Ice wasn't too bad, but did have some water on top. Stuck it out until about 7. I caught 2 eyes jigging, 1 about 8... inches and 1 just over 15. Not one single flag though. :-\

Offline ddiamond

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Dec 27, 2016, 09:33 PM »
Went out of the state park by the Northville bridge tonight. Ice wasn't too bad, but did have some water on top. Stuck it out until about 7. I caught 2 eyes jigging, 1 about 8... inches and 1 just over 15. Not one single flag though. :-\

How much ice up there? I'm down at vanderbergs and have about 8 with half inch of water on top. Still got the perm shanty out. Should be fine. Still cold at night.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.