Author Topic: LBDN Ice  (Read 12072 times)

Offline haydo601

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: LBDN Ice
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Headed up the 12th-16th. Always a great time

Offline smittybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2017, 08:11 PM »
Haydo what is your target?  My guys and I want to go for walleye and perch. You take quads or sleds?

Offline H2owalker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 02, 2017, 09:03 PM »
Smittybob feel free to message me

Offline georgeb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Moved West Michigan --> Indianapolis
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2017, 07:25 AM »
Smitty when r u heading up there? We r leaving Thursday night and coming home Sunday, traveling from Holland, MI. We will have snowmobiles and be out looking for walleye! Would love to stay in touch with you and H2owalker and see how the bite has been.

Tight lines my friends!

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2017, 07:49 AM »
LBDN is what lake?

Little Bay De noc upper NW corner of Green Bay
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline bigern02

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2017, 07:52 AM »
My buddy and I will be there from the 15th thru the 22nd. Looking forward to the trip. Maybe see y'all out there. Good luck.

Offline haydo601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 04, 2017, 01:10 PM »
Smittybob, I'll be looking for perch/walleye as well. As far as transportation, probably a quad. But if the temps stay the way they are suppose to up there I'd say we should be pretty dang close to driving trucks out by then! That's what I'm hoping for. I always call the bait shops up there every few days and check the conditions. From what I've been hearing from my buddies that fish there often and the bait shops, there is a solid 9" almost everywhere in upper bay. With temps below zero at night for the next week I'm sure it'll add another 4-5"

Offline smittybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2017, 03:42 PM »
Awesome. I will be there the 15th through 19th.  Hopefully everything works out.

Offline Strokem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 04, 2017, 08:10 PM »
So can anyone tell me where I can park truck & trailer and unload and drive atv & sled onto the ice?
I've read up on all post and know what jigs & raps to use, so parking & directions is all some of us need.
Thanks all.....

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 05, 2017, 05:03 AM »
So can anyone tell me where I can park truck & trailer and unload and drive atv & sled onto the ice?
I've read up on all post and know what jigs & raps to use, so parking & directions is all some of us need.
Thanks all.....
[/quote

On the East side you have the Kipling boat launch, the south yellow gate and the north yellow gate, ask at the bait shop how to find them. On the west side there is the Vagabond  resort that will let you use their access for a small fee. With this cold spell just park on the ice. Good luck!

Offline bigern02

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 05, 2017, 05:20 AM »
Kipling is on West side and vagabond east unless I've not had enough coffee yet.

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 05, 2017, 06:25 AM »
Kipling is on West side and vagabond east unless I've not had enough coffee yet.

Sorry coffee hadn't kicked in yet  ::) :P

Offline smittybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 05, 2017, 08:45 AM »
Thanks

Offline bigern02

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 07, 2017, 05:58 AM »
How's the ice coming along? The way things are going I'm wondering if I'll need to bring the quad at all. Upper bay looks like it'll be solid by my date of the 15th. What about further south, terrace or further? Haven't heard many reports from down there.

Also, I've been curious, what's the clarity and bottom content like? Is there current?

Offline georgeb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Jan 07, 2017, 11:18 AM »
Ice is great I would say 11-14 all across upper part of the bay. Fishing...everyone saying worst in years.

Anyone have a different report because no one we are talking to has caught more than about 1 per trip.

Offline bigern02

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 07, 2017, 12:48 PM »
Figures....LBDN must know I'm coming.

Offline smittybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 07, 2017, 06:00 PM »
Any idea the amount of snow of the bay?  Don't have a sled but still going to give her hell. I'm assuming the fish have been shut down with the temps you guys have had.

Offline haydo601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 07, 2017, 10:42 PM »
Everyone I've talked to says the fishing has been really slow!

Offline georgeb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 08, 2017, 04:33 PM »
The cold front really shut the fish off. We had 1 keeper walleye, 10 throwback eyes, 1 northern, and 2 perch between 5 guys this weekend. SLOW is an understatement. Still love to be up there. You never know when a giant is going to swim under your hole. I'm anticipating the bite to turn on when the weather warms up.

Offline smittybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:32 PM »
I kinda thought the same thing. We will be up 15-19. Hopefully they get their act together. If not slow fishing is still better than working. Where did you guys fish if I may ask?

Offline georgeb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 09, 2017, 10:43 AM »
We fished all of the reefs from Gladstone and north. We stayed in 20-25 feet. We marked a few decent sized fish, but they weren't playing. Had 8 tip ups out and only 1 flag all weekend (25 inch northern). It can't get any worse than this weekend so I am guessing you should be able to catch some fish.

Good luck!

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 10, 2017, 01:33 PM »
fished off the north yellow gate in Nelson's Bay yesterday, 2 guys 8 perch and 1 walleye in 8 hours not counting the throwbacks.

Offline mrl4714

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag up
« Reply #52 on: Jan 10, 2017, 04:39 PM »
fished a straight out from kipling 28 ft. a few perch no eyes few pike

Offline smittybob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 10, 2017, 05:54 PM »
Still better than where am. Ohio weather soaks cork.

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Jan 11, 2017, 02:59 PM »
I heard there was a poaching operation on bay that took "thousands" of pounds of fish and since this took place it really has stunk up there. Has anyone also heard this or are people just talking smack!
Catching Any?

Offline georgeb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 11, 2017, 03:52 PM »
I have heard the same thing but have no evidence of it. The way the fishing has been lately it sure seems like something happened.

Offline icefishman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 11, 2017, 03:56 PM »
I heard guys had a couple shacks and were navigating a net under ice somehow. (Allegedly)
I guess a market was questioned when they received a ton a fish when everything was locked up and spilled the beans.
Catching Any?

Offline haydo601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 11, 2017, 09:37 PM »
Heading up tomorrow around 7am, should be there around 2-3 pm to try the night bite! Let's hope this weather gets the fish biting! I'll post how my 4 days of fishing goes.

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 12, 2017, 05:28 AM »
Natives are allowed to substinance fish south of Saunders point, as for poaching wouldn't surprise me one bit  >:(

I heard there was a poaching operation on bay that took "thousands" of pounds of fish and since this took place it really has stunk up there. Has anyone also heard this or are people just talking smack!

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 12, 2017, 05:29 AM »
Good luck I'm going to try and get out also, after I clean all this snow up.

Heading up tomorrow around 7am, should be there around 2-3 pm to try the night bite! Let's hope this weather gets the fish biting! I'll post how my 4 days of fishing goes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.