Author Topic: Striker ICE warranty/customer experience???  (Read 10318 times)

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
Striker ICE warranty/customer experience???
« on: Dec 16, 2016, 10:00 AM »
I bought a Striker suit last year and I love it. Expensive investment, but well worth it.
I have a minor issue with the workmanship of the magnetic closures (they fell out of place).
I have contacted them several times, sent in my original receipt. And have not heard back from them once.
Anyone have similar or different experience with this company?
Chasing Ice

Offline vanhln

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Striker ICE warranty/customer experience???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2016, 10:13 AM »
Call them direct at    651-788-9858.  I believe it took a little while to get through, but I was trying to reach them for sizing information.  Their customer service agent was very helpful and spent a ling time discussing options with me.  I was impressed, but didn't have a warranty issue.  Their website is very wonky and has 'browser certificate' issues.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2016, 10:18 AM »
there was just one woman taking care of it all and she may be out or some thing. i had great customer service with them three times that i needed them to be there for me. they were fast and took care of a hardwater bib knee leaking problem after warranty and took care of two issues with their performance hoodie. the repairs and replacements were free of charge.

call them until you get a response from any one to know what's going on with them. now is a bad time to ignore customers who count on these garments.

i don't know if the knee will start a new leak or not yet. if it does, then i will have to look into another brand. she said the tape in the stitches must have ripped/torn, while on the phone with her. i can see where they did surgery on both knees while only one was leaking. they did not get back with me with an update after sending them back to me. so i guess that was the problem. i did have to pay to ship one way to them for the repair on the bibs, but not the hoodies.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2016, 10:27 AM »
ive had good luck with striker customer service.they repaired my lite ice bibs twice but they are ripped in the crotch again.the new improved crotch panels on my hardwater bibs are way better than the first version of their hardwater or lite bibs.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2016, 04:01 PM »
What year did they improve the crotch panels and can you post a pic of it?  I want to see if the pair I got last year have the new panels.  Thanks.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2016, 04:08 PM »
What year did they improve the crotch panels and can you post a pic of it?  I want to see if the pair I got last year have the new panels.  Thanks.

Think it was time back 4 years or so .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2016, 04:51 PM »
I will take pics in a day or so I have the 1st edition hardwater bibs but were called striker ice back then and the improved hardwater ones along with the striker lite bibs which are the predator now.the new ones have the towels that snap on.the 1st run didn't have enough material to sew good and the crotches ripped out.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2016, 06:02 PM »
I did email them 3 yrs ago when I accidentally cut the knee area of my climate bibs and received the runaround and gave up after they told me to email them a pic three times. :-\ very good quality other than that tho. :)

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2016, 08:57 PM »
Think it was time back 4 years or so .
I've had my lite's for 4 years and the crotch went out the first season. I sent them back and they fixed the seams really well.  Started to open again last season but I was able to stitch them back up.  I kind of want my old bibs to actually die so I can get the predator bibs.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2016, 09:12 PM »
I bought a Striker suit last year and I love it. Expensive investment, but well worth it.
I have a minor issue with the workmanship of the magnetic closures (they fell out of place).
I have contacted them several times, sent in my original receipt. And have not heard back from them once.
Anyone have similar or different experience with this company?

They have your money now...

they don't care!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2016, 11:03 AM »
they don't care!
that's not true.
 they took care of my needs even outside of the warranty time frame and for free. they do care.
try to get in touch with artic armor folks. non existent! ask me how i know.

Offline fishinagain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2016, 11:09 AM »
Lol, time to make popcorn again.... ::)
Pure Michigan

TEAM MITTEN

Offline wipike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2016, 04:50 PM »

they don't care!

Dude you never get tired of shilling for AA, do you?   5+ years and rolling hard still...  Take a break and go fish for a change.

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2016, 09:13 AM »
they don't care!

I'm interested in hearing about other striker owners customer service experience. By the looks I would say you are an AA owner. Do you have any experience first hand with Striker to back this statement up?
Chasing Ice

Offline sweth

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2016, 09:20 AM »
I had issues with stitching failing on my climate bibs. I couldn't get ahold of them thru email so I contacted them at the St. Paul ice show, I was able to show the owner of the company my failing bibs and he simply asked me if I know how to sew? They refused to help me out... they have lost my buisness on that move. And to be honest I don't believe the quality matches the price. Best of luck to you, this was several years ago.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2016, 10:02 AM »
I'm interested in hearing about other striker owners customer service experience. By the looks I would say you are an AA owner. Do you have any experience first hand with Striker to back this statement up?

There are other threads on this forum about striker quality and customer service issues:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=328478.0

... as well as other posts to this thread.

There are some people that have striker suits and never have a problem, and there are some that have AA suits and never have a problem... and there are some people that have problems with everything... or just bad luck.

The Anorakk Sikre suit looks like it would be good for the people that are tough on their clothing, or just have bad luck. Their warranty is the best I've seen.

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2016, 01:48 PM »
I have called. and called. and called. I have emailed several times, have not gotten a single response. If I don't hear back from them by Jan1, I'm gonna sound off on every fishing forum on the web about this.  :%$#!:
I really like the quality of the suit, but customer service goes a long way.

not giving up on them yet, but getting close.
Chasing Ice

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:21 PM »
Have you tried Messaging via FaceBook ? Have been pretty responsive in the past for me .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2016, 08:59 PM »
Have you tried Messaging via FaceBook ? Have been pretty responsive in the past for me .

Really? Should you have to do that? They don't answer phone calls or emails sent to them directly, but they'll answer a facebook message? Does anyone want to deal with that kind of customer service???

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2016, 09:06 PM »
Really? Should you have to do that? They don't answer phone calls or emails sent to them directly, but they'll answer a facebook message? Does anyone want to deal with that kind of customer service???
At this time I believe they have no rival company manufacturing the quality they have. As far as suit quality, I love it. I tore my suit and realized it was my fault, I just wanted to get a patch and really only heard from them once. After the email I sent I never received any response. ???

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 20, 2016, 09:36 PM »
Not sure but it seems to me that if all these people have had great service then that means that the suits can't be that good or they would not need to contact them. If there is continuous problems that causes you to need their customer service you may want to consider another suit.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 20, 2016, 09:42 PM »
Not sure but it seems to me that if all these people have had great service then that means that the suits can't be that good or they would not need to contact them. If there is continuous problems that causes you to need their customer service you may want to consider another suit.

There's that too!

... when was the last time you heard a complaint about an Arctic Armor of Anorakk Sikre suit???

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Dec 20, 2016, 10:35 PM »
There's that too!

... when was the last time you heard a complaint about an Arctic Armor of Anorakk Sikre suit???

since you asked...i have plenty of complaints with aa!!!! but if you noticed, this is a striker customer service topic, not an aa customer service topic. the reason there is no aa customer service topic is because there is no aa customer service! here goes anyway because you asked. it is off topic just to be clear.

the main complaint with aritc armor (aa) is there is no one to call and speak to about problems! zero customer support. but even if there were a customer support service, it wouldn't change the quality of the garments.
then there are the actual problems and then they go unattended because there is no one to help you because no one cares at the company. it's like a bad dream if you will. see how long you can go before you decide to help yourself and buy some thing decent.
first thing was the legs of the bibs came with cinch straps to keep snow out of the bottoms of the legs, they fell off right away. i was not happy spending that kind of money only to have it fall apart with out really getting to use it!
then there is the velcro that quits keeping your things in your bib leg pockets. jig box's cost more than the crappy bibs to replace.
then there's the stitching that disintegrates and flattens out both at the same time.
then there's the claim that they are 100% water proof, but are far from it!!!!
then there is the sizing issue. that you had to buy the parka and bib at the same time on one hanger in the same size and the parka run huge while the bib runs small.
then there's that sound they make like kids snow pants.
then there's the non breathing fabric that leaves you sweltering inside your clothing to try to stay warm in while drenched in your own sweat.
then there is the short leg bib leg zippers that don't allow you to put on your bibs while wearing your boots or to remove the bibs while wearing your boots.
then there is the lack of inseam adjustment at all like striker has. they expect one size to fit all as far as leg length.
then there is the big problem trying to stay warm in an ice suit that claims to be uber warm, but is far from it and you have to wear down clothes under it to try to stay warm.
then there is the snaps on the bib legs and parka storm flap that striker uses magnets to make the storm flaps a breeze to use and on the parka and bibs for their ice fishing line up.
then there is the lack of a hand towels built in to your bibs to help dry wet hands after handling fish to help keep your hands warmer.
then there's the lack of zippered ventilation any where in the parka.
then there's the lack of a decent arm cuff to keep wind from blowing up your arms.

i could keep this up all night you know, but it's a good start.

it's a good learning experience tho. kind of like your first flasher. you don't know how bad things are until you find better. and once you find better you don't go back to junk that you once thought was good. you might consider an upgrade some day too.

i would not have switched brands if i had customer support and quality build which with aa i had neither!!
so for those of you complaining about getting great customer service for a brand you don't have or act like you never had, you need to buy aa and then talk to me about it. you will be glad you have it. i know i am. i know i am glad i don't rely on my aa suit or the company to try to make things right. that shipped sailed a long time ago now.

bye bye aa!! lol

Offline jakefetch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2016, 11:36 AM »
Had some stitching open up in one of the chest pockets of my bibs, after only half a dozen uses.  Took pictures, and emailed them about it.  No response.  Had it sewn myself.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2016, 11:44 AM »
since you asked...i have plenty of complaints with aa!!!! but if you noticed, this is a striker customer service topic, not an aa customer service topic. the reason there is no aa customer service topic is because there is no aa customer service! here goes anyway because you asked. it is off topic just to be clear.

the main complaint with aritc armor (aa) is there is no one to call and speak to about problems! zero customer support. but even if there were a customer support service, it wouldn't change the quality of the garments.
then there are the actual problems and then they go unattended because there is no one to help you because no one cares at the company. it's like a bad dream if you will. see how long you can go before you decide to help yourself and buy some thing decent.
first thing was the legs of the bibs came with cinch straps to keep snow out of the bottoms of the legs, they fell off right away. i was not happy spending that kind of money only to have it fall apart with out really getting to use it!
then there is the velcro that quits keeping your things in your bib leg pockets. jig box's cost more than the crappy bibs to replace.
then there's the stitching that disintegrates and flattens out both at the same time.
then there's the claim that they are 100% water proof, but are far from it!!!!
then there is the sizing issue. that you had to buy the parka and bib at the same time on one hanger in the same size and the parka run huge while the bib runs small.
then there's that sound they make like kids snow pants.
then there's the non breathing fabric that leaves you sweltering inside your clothing to try to stay warm in while drenched in your own sweat.
then there is the short leg bib leg zippers that don't allow you to put on your bibs while wearing your boots or to remove the bibs while wearing your boots.
then there is the lack of inseam adjustment at all like striker has. they expect one size to fit all as far as leg length.
then there is the big problem trying to stay warm in an ice suit that claims to be uber warm, but is far from it and you have to wear down clothes under it to try to stay warm.
then there is the snaps on the bib legs and parka storm flap that striker uses magnets to make the storm flaps a breeze to use and on the parka and bibs for their ice fishing line up.
then there is the lack of a hand towels built in to your bibs to help dry wet hands after handling fish to help keep your hands warmer.
then there's the lack of zippered ventilation any where in the parka.
then there's the lack of a decent arm cuff to keep wind from blowing up your arms.

i could keep this up all night you know, but it's a good start.

it's a good learning experience tho. kind of like your first flasher. you don't know how bad things are until you find better. and once you find better you don't go back to junk that you once thought was good. you might consider an upgrade some day too.

i would not have switched brands if i had customer support and quality build which with aa i had neither!!
so for those of you complaining about getting great customer service for a brand you don't have or act like you never had, you need to buy aa and then talk to me about it. you will be glad you have it. i know i am. i know i am glad i don't rely on my aa suit or the company to try to make things right. that shipped sailed a long time ago now.

bye bye aa!! lol

Don't hold back 3300.................. ..........tell us how you really feel!  ;)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2016, 11:48 AM »
i would have said i how i really feel about about aa, but it was late and i needed sleep so i kept it down to a few facts and some one asked. i would have left it alone otherwise being it's a striker topic.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2016, 11:58 AM »
Havent had to call their customer support since I havent has any issues with their gear. 4 years with the Hardwater Jacket and bibs. I beat the bag out of this suit from ice fishing, snow removal, sledding with the kids.. No issues at all.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2016, 12:07 PM »
Striker quality is much better than arctic who? @)

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2016, 12:23 PM »
WORST customer experience I have ever had, but not with what you are describing, it was with sales (of Striker) and Korky's which was one and the same at the time. 

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2016, 12:56 PM »
I have not tried to get a hold of them yet but I have the hardwater and the zippered pocket on the bibs ripped open on the inside with just my wallet in it on THE SECOND DAY.you cant pull it out so I don't know how I can fix it.the seam just ripped open.so needless to say I'm real nervous about the longevity of the rest of the suit.did I mention on THE SECOND DAY WEARING IT.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.