The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: How to gain access to Sloughs?  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Gopher on Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
How to gain access to Sloughs?
« on: Dec 15, 2016, 06:17 PM »
Just has the subject states, how does one go about gaining access to the numerous sloughs and small lakes in North Dakota. I am not looking for any hot spots or anything, just a little advice to keep me from unknowingly trespassing on someone's land. Is someone allowed to park on the side of the road and walk down the ditch on to the water or something else necessary to allow access. 

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
Re: How to gain access to Sloughs?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2016, 08:29 PM »
I know that is true to some lakes and sloughs, in the regulations some say winter access only. The next best step is to call them at 701-328-6300 or email them [email protected] and ask them the question direct. You will most likely get an answer something like, "Well that depends on ______ ."

Offline Gopher on Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2016, 10:21 PM »
Thank you very much for the information!

Offline IcePirateJace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2016, 04:34 PM »
Just has the subject states, how does one go about gaining access to the numerous sloughs and small lakes in North Dakota. I am not looking for any hot spots or anything, just a little advice to keep me from unknowingly trespassing on someone's land. Is someone allowed to park on the side of the road and walk down the ditch on to the water or something else necessary to allow access.

Any fishable public water will be in the proclamation or on the game and fish website with driving directions. I think all other bodies of water you would have to figure out the landowner and ask for permission. You would not know though if it contains fish or is just a body of water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.